4-Mile Guided Paddleboard Tour on The French Broad River in Asheville
Join the stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) trend when you're in Asheville. As you paddle along the mellow, Class I waters of the French Broad River, you'll take in the historical and scenic atmosphere of the heart of Asheville's burgeoning downtown. Board, paddle, booties, and a dry bag are provided. When booking, select a sunrise, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, or sunset tour.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
- Meet your guide in Asheville's River Arts District to begin your stand-up paddling tour with a 10-minute shuttle ride to the start point at Hominy Creek. Here, you'll be fitted with a life jacket, paddle, and your board. Receive a short, introductory lesson on the basics of SUP from your guide before setting off along the water.
From Hominy Creek, a shallow, sand-bottomed 'practice pond' where you'll gain your confidence and balance, float along the waterway, which eventually joins the larger French Broad River—a wide, historical stretch of water. Paddle along the outer boundary of the famous Biltmore Estate, and listen to historical tales of Asheville's scenic surrounds from your guide. Finish your 2-hour tour back in the River Arts District, which is in walking distance of breweries and shops you can explore independently, if you wish.
Departure Point :192 Riverside Dr, Asheville, NC 28801, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2-guests per booking.
- There is maximum weight limit of 260 lbs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for ages 10 years and up
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks are required for the shuttle ride up the river, and shuttle capacity has been reduced to accommodate spacing between guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.