4,5-Hour Tour on Mountain Bike in Fuencaliente
Enjoy a magnificent and unforgettable guided on Mountain Bike through Fuencaliente, where you will feel all the strength of volcanoes and nature around you.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Guided tour.
- MTB or e-bike
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Faro de Fuencaliente, 38740 Fuencaliente de la Palma, La Palma Spain
Fuencaliente is a municipality located in the south of La Palma and its name comes from a source of medicinal-thermal waters in the area. Legend has it that the waters of this spring cured skin diseases. The territory of Fuencaliente has been devastated several times by volcanic eruptions, in fact, the last one occurred in Spain, was the Teneguía volcano in 1971.
Many areas in Fuencaliente have been protected, like the Natural Park of Cumbre Vieja, the Natural Volcanoes Reserve of Fuencaliente, the Protected Landscape of Tamanca and the site of scientific interest of the Salinas de Fuencaliente (salt evaporation ponds). This tour starts at the Tourist Information Office of Fuencaliente. Once there you will begin to feel the ‘strength’ of the volcanoes. In direction towards Cumbre Nueva, you will pass through its forest dark tracks and then descend to the coast while enjoying the magnificent views of the volcanic landscape, vineyards and the breathtaking views of the rest of the Canary Islands in the horizon. When you get to the coast, you will see the old lighthouse of Fuencaliente and the salt ponds, declared as site of cultural interest.
Before finishing we stop at the natural pools of Echentyve so it is advisable to bring swimsuit.
The total distance of the tour is 35 km approximately, and lasts around 4 hours and a half, with medium difficulty. In order to enjoy this activity to the top, you can have access to a Mountain bike or an E-bike.
• Magnificent views of the volcanic landscape of La Palma.
• You will have at your disposal an MTB or an E-bike, according to your level of energy.
• You will be able to get close to the Teneguía volcano.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Calle los Volcanes, 4, 38740 Los Canarios, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum age for this activity is 12 years. All customers must be over 1.55 meters tall to do this activity. Underage customers should be accompanied by an adult.
- It is recommended to bring water. The difficulty for this activity is medium.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.