4h Privately guided walking tour in Portuguese or English - The City of London
This Privately guided walking tour in London explore the main tourist and historical attractions in the City of London area.
Highlights: The Tower of London, Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast, The Shard, London Bridge, Gourmet Borough Market, The Golden Hinde, The Anchor Pub, Shakespeare Globe Theatre, Tate Modern art Gallery, Millenium Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Bank of England, Royal Exchange, Mansion House, Leadenhall Market, and The Monument.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: City of London, City of London, London, England
After meeting our guide, you will proceed for a walk through the main sites of London's City. You will enjoy some contrasting and puzzling architecture in this part of London, take a stroll in the north bank of the Thames river passing by the iconic Tower of London until you reach the Tower Bridge - where you will have opportunity to cross it to the south bank of the river and walk along passing by the County hall, HMS Belfast, London Bridge, The Shard. After that you will have a quick stop at one of the oldest markets in London - Borough Market. Then you will continue by the south bank river for amazing pictures of some Shakespearean related spots like the Southwark Cathedral, The Anchor Pub and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, before crossing Millenium Bridge while heading to the magnificent St. Paul's Cathedral. During a walk back on the north side of the river (the Financial heart) you will hear about and take pictures of a few very important sites like the Bank of England, Mansion House, The Royal Exchange and a quick stop at "Harry Potter's" Leadenhall market before ending the tour at the Monument to the Great fire of London.
Subjects covered during the tour: Architecture, changes in architecture in London along the years, the foundation of London during Roman invasion, the great fire of London, Shakespearean London, History and main events in the City and St. Paul's Cathedral, History of the Bank of England and Royal Exchange, Relationship between Politics in the City of London and the Monarchy.
Departure Point :Tower Hill Memorial, Tower Hill, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4DH, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Monument to the Great Fire of London, Fish St Hill, Bridge, London EC3R 8AH, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.