4WD Off-Road Lakes Tierra del Fuego Adventure From Ushuaia
Travel in a 4WD vehicle (Land Rover or Toyota Hilux) off-road through Tierra del Fuego wild lands on this 7-hour tour from Ushuaia. Delight in amazing views of Hidden Lake (Lago Escondido) and Lake Fagnano – impressive natural attractions within the Southern Andes range.
The sturdy 4WD Off-Road utility vehicle takes you through a stunning Patagonian landscape, where you’ll enjoy a lakeside barbecue lunch paired with Malbec wine! Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
During summer, a 45-minute canoe excursion is included on Lake Fagnano.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation in 4WD Vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paso Garibaldi, Ruta Nacional 3 Km. 3086, Rio Grande V9420DIA Argentina
In the morning, we will leave from the hotel to take the famous route 3 that runs through part of the Cordillera Fueguina, which allows us to access to the Paso Garibaldi. From here, we will see Escondido and Fagnano Lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lago Fagnano, Tolhuin 9420 Argentina
We will start the descent, leaving the conventional route to follow the old tracks of the woodcutters. The 4x4 trucks will help us with this expedition, reaching places where access would be impossible otherwise. We will cross forests, following paths of mud, stones, and overcoming different challenges in our way. Finally, we will arrive at Fagnano Lake, which will surprise us with its size and the incredible landscape that surrounds it.
We will make a stop at that lake where we will enjoy a delicious local asado. While the guides prepare lunch, we can make a walk around the area to explore the forest and the beavers that are part of the local landscape nowadays.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lago Escondido, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
After lunch, we will continue with this adventure but this time using a route to get to Escondido Lake. This lake is smaller than the other but it will still surprise us with its unique natural environment.
If we choose this tour during the summer, we can go canoeing on the Escondido Lake. First we will have an introductory talk with our guides, prepare the canoes and finally paddle around the lake. We will enjoy the area landscape in a different way. After canoeing for 45 minutes, we will return to the point where the vans were left to return to Ushuaia along National Route 3.
But if you choose it during the winter, we will have lunch in a winter shelter and while it is being prepared, we can walk around or have fun on the sledding track. After lunch, we will visit the Tierra Mayor Winter Center, where we will have time to explore the area and make extra activities such as snowmobiles, husky sleds, skiing or ice-skating. Also, if you wish, you can stay in the warm hosteria contemplating the incredible Nevado Valley. After having fun at the winter center, we will return to our vehicles to get back to Ushuaia.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing, shoes and prepare for colder weather
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Cruise Passengers are not allowed to take this tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance, in case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.