4x4 Route to discover Basque traditional gastronomy & Txakoli wine, from Bilbao
Discover the essence of the Basque traditional culture, gastronomy and rural life-style, with a 4x4 route around the natural treasures of inland Ayala valley and Sierra Salvada mountains.
We will enjoy the most important foods in the basque gastronomy: the bread, traditional-made in a wood-fire oven; the primitive, brillant and cherfull white wine from the coast, named Txakoli; and the finest traditional cheese DO Idiazabal, made of milk from a native breed of sheep fed on the greenest mountain pastures.
Throughout the excursion we will lead offroad routes at the bottom of the valley and climbing to the top of the mountains along narrow and scenic old muleteers trails, to enjoy magnificent panoramic views, including Nervion river waterfall, with 270 meters, the highest drop of Spain.
After whet your appetite, including in the tour you will enjoy a 100% basque gastronomical full menu, with fresh farm-and-sea-to-table ingredients in the most remarkable restaurant, Arcos de Quejana.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local professional guide and driver in a private tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at Bilbao and Vitoria Region
- Txakoli vineyards and winery full visit and tasting.
- Food tasting of DO Idiazabal cheese
- Lunch - Traditional lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Okindegia Panadería Iza
- Entry/Admission - Quesos Aguiñiga
- Entry/Admission - Arcos de Quejana
- Entry/Admission - Txakoli Gure Ahaleginak
What's excluded :
- Everything not included in the list above
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Okindegia Panadería Iza, Zumalakarregi Hiribidea, 30, 01400 Laudio, Araba, Spain
First stop (if opening the day of the tour) into a traditional bakery to approach the elaboration of the oldest processed food of mankind, in the most tasty and traditional way, baked in a wood-fired oven to taste with local extra olive oil and traditional chorizo sausage.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quesos Aguiñiga, Larrabe Auzoa, 1, 01479 Agiñaga, Araba, Spain
After lunch to clompete the gastronomy tour, we will visit Quesería Aguiñiga (or similar if closed), at the foot of Sierra Salvada mountain range, to discover how they made the finest basque cheese, named DO Idiazabal, made as always it is been done, made only of native breed Latxa sheeps, fed in the greenest mountain pastures.
Visit the facilities and enjoying a tasting savoring this traditional cheese declared European Gastronomic Heritage.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sierra Salvada, 48460 Orduña-Urduña, Biscay, Spain
Offroad 4x4 route, from Maroño lake to the top of Sierra Salvada mountain range, through scenic old muleteers steepy roads.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Arcos de Quejana, Beotegi Entitatea, s/n, 01477 Kexaa, Araba, Spain
We will enjoy a superb 100% basque gastronomical menu, included in the price, in the most remarkable traditional restaurant of the region. If close we will go to another traditional restaurant
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Txakoli Gure Ahaleginak, Lugar barrio Ibazurra 1 Esta señalizado desde la carretera, 48460 Orduna Spain
Discover traditional production of txakoli, brillant and cherfull native white wine, unique from the Basque coast. Visit to the vineyards and learn how they work, discovering the winery process and secrets of elaboration and enjoy a wide tasting. If close we will go to another winery in the region
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At any other accommodation at Bilbao, Vitoria and SurroundingsAirports
- Bilbao Airport, Bilbao Spain
- 48930 Getxo, Biscay, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We accomplish all -and more- measures specified by the Spanish Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.