5 Day All Inclusive Private Guided Pacaya Samiria National Reserve from Iquitos
A 5 day & 4 night tour takes travelers deep into the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve allowing them the opportunity to experience jungle camping in the amazon rainforest of Peru! This expedition is packed with many of our most popular activities including: jungle trekking, freshwater dolphin spotting, canoe rides, night time caiman excursion, Amazon River cruise, plant education, visit to remote lagoons, visit with native Amazonian tribes & more!
Program Details by Day
• departure iquitos / arrival pacaya-samiria / dolphin / night excursion
• river cruise / shansho cocha area / piranha fishing / night excursion
• river cruise / rio yanayacu day hike / lagoons / nocturnal excursion
• day hike / plant education / yanaquillo creek / nocturnal canoe excursion
• morning excursion / iiap / return to iquitos
per adult from
What's included :
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Tents, Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Camping Equipment, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English & Spanish)
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours & Excursions As Described In Itinerary
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Airport transfers (tour starts from our office in Iquitos)
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City
- Day 1
9:00am departure from Maniti Expeditions office in Iquitos City via private auto to arrive in the port town of Nauta (1:30 hours). Breakfast served.
Departure in private motorboat we will travel upriver, passing the spectacular meeting of 2 major rivers (Ucayali & Marañon) that come together to form the Amazon River.
Upstream boating on the Marañon River into the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (50 miles SW / approximately 2 hours and a half from Nauta).
Lunch will be served upon arrival.
Return to Camp for Dinner.
Overnight in tents at Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
Early morning breakfast will be served followed by departure campsite. We will cruise the Rio Marañon for about 3 hours until we reach our destination (Shansho Cocha Lake area). During the riverboat trip you will have a great possibility of seeing primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink river dolphins, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Arrival for campsite setup and lunch.
After dinner we will go on a night time nature walk to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight in Tents in Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
We will pack our things and travel upriver into the National Reserve via Rio Marañon and entering the Rio Yanayacu (close to pueblo Viente de Enero).
We will cruise the river until we reach our destination. During the riverboat trip you will have a great possibility of seeing primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink river dolphins, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Arrival for campsite setup and lunch
Overnight Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
Early morning breakfast will be served followed by a morning departure on our boat, we will start to make our way back in the direction downriver towards Iquitos city.
Watch birds as they leave their nests to find their food on the river, among them cotingas, macaws, parrots and Harpy (Harpia harpyja).
Excursion to Yanaquillo Creek to spot squirrel monkeys (Saimiri boliviensis), saddle back tamarins (Saguinus fuscicollis) and sloths (Bradypus variegatus).
Overnight in tents at Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
We will have an early morning breakfast and prepare for our last excursion into the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. After our morning excursion we will return back to camp to have lunch and pack our belonging and make our way back to the city of Iquitos. During the riverboat trip back to Iquitos you will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Private transportation to bring you to the airport or your hotel of choice.
End of service.
Departure Point :Maniti Expeditions Office in Iquitos City
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends at 5:00pm with a hotel/airport drop off
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.