5-Day Biking Tour Including Coffee and Cultural from Pereira
The best private tour for the adventurous, those who are looking to live new experiences and learn, first hand, about nature, the culture, and customs of the region that lives the life of coffee farming.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation in rural houses or coffee farms - private rooms.
- Private transport from Pereira by Willys Jeep (Traditional transport of the Coffee Region)
- Pick up and drop-off the participants at the hotel or airport of Pereira
- All meals.
- Soft drinks
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim
- Safety helmet hire. Anti-shock trekking pole hire
- Technical and safety instruction
- Waterproof layer in case of rain
- Souvenir and digital photos of the activity
- Hotel insurance and taxes
- Insurance for adventure activities/medical assistance card
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide specialized in nature and adventure activities
What's excluded :
- Air transportation to Pereira City
- Expenses and services not specified in the plan
- Day 1: Meet in Pereira. Transfer to Coffee Farm (D)
Pickup time: After 1:00 p.m.
You will travel via Jeep Willy to the coffee farm outside of Pereira.
Day 2: Estación Pereira (B, L, D)
Your starting point is on the other side of Pereira. You will take your bike through coffee cultivation in the Andes Mountains and descend to one of the most important rivers in Colombia, the Cauca River. Here, you will embark the “Brujita” – a unique transportation system that has a wooden platform and ball bearings that displace over the rails of the antique train track – an emotion-filled journey. Next, take another native Colombian transportation system called “Garrucha” that is a basket made of metal and wood that hangs from steel cables which allows you to cross the Cauca River to the reach the banks of a town named Belalcazar.
Day 3: Ulloa/Quimbaya (B, L, D)
You will ride through three of the four departments that are part of the World Heritage Site, the Coffee Cultural Landscape, declared by UNESCO.
It’s a day of changing landscapes that allow you to appreciate the agricultural, cultural and natural wealth of the Coffee Region. Large areas of livestock, extensive coffee cultivation and many other cultivation, including orchards. These are just a few landscapes you’ll appreciate during this bike ride.
Moreover, learn about and experience the complete coffee process, icon of our country. Every sense will come alive to listen to, smell, see and taste one of the best coffees in the world. In the same farm you will taste many Colombian fruits and you'll see a private collection of beautiful flowers.
Day 4: Filandia (B, L, D)
This route, surrounded by coffee and plantain cultivation, will lead us to the municipality of Filandia, a small coffee producing, artisan village. One of the most beautiful villages in Coffee Region, popularly nicknamed “Colina Iluminada” (Illuminated Hill) referring to its altitude and beautiful, panoramic view of the region.
In the afternoon, visit some artisan stores and walk through the streets of this traditional village.
Day 5: Return to Pereira (B, L)
Return to Pereira riding on a part of the highway, then on a rural road that will weave through many rural populations whose main economic activity is based on agriculture. You will be surrounded by eucalyptus trees, then cultivation; plantain, green onion, tomato, cilantro and other vegetables, until you arrive to the city.
In the afternoon, enjoy an afternoon of sharing stories, laughter and talking about your adventure through the Coffee Cultural Landscape.
Departure Point :Hotels in Pereira
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommendations: Wear light, comfortable clothing (Dry-Fit or cotton t-shirt, shorts or waterproof trousers, and a light jacket if you think you might be bothered by some mild cold)
- Wear suitable shoes for cycling and/or walking (closed shoes such as sports shoes or boots; no sandals)
- Bring a small backpack
- Other optional items to bring: a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent
- Avoid excessive drinking the day before
- Avoid staying up too late the night before
- Do not take or buy alcoholic beverages or hallucinogenic substances on the trip
- Do not drop litter or take flora and fauna home
- Follow the requests and recommendations of the guides who accompany you on the tour
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim, made entirely of aluminium, Shimano gears and front suspension
- Difficulty level: 6 - 7 of 10 (Medium/high)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.