5-Day Murchison Falls, Budongo Chimps, Wildlife Big 5 Safari
You will arrive and overnight in a booked hotel (in Kampala or Entebbe). The next day, you will head to the Murchison with a detour visit to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary (for your first Big 5 encounter). Expect fun-filled game drive in the Murchison Falls National Park. Another highlight of this safari will be 3-hour boat trip to the bottom of the falls plus a hike (if you like) to the top of the falls. You will also be in Budongo Forest for chimp trekking then you can exit with all the fond memories.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary.
- All ground transportation in a comfortable safari vehicle.
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide.
- Water while on safari.
- All launch/boat trips as on the itinerary.
- All airport/hotel pick-ups and drop off.
- All activities as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Budongo chimp trekking permit USD 80 per person.
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Phone calls and bar bills.
- Personal/travel insurance.
- All kinds of drinks except water.
- Air fare.
- All other Services of a personal nature.
- Driver guide’s gratuity.
- Day 1: Arrive and overnight in the booked accommodation.
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport you will be met by a Home to Africa representative who will welcome you to Uganda – the Pearl of Africa. Thereafter, you will be transferred to your booked accommodation. In case you have had an early flight to Uganda, you will have a late afternoon ride around the city of Kampala.
Nexus Resort Hotel |
Day 2: Pick up and Transfer to Murchison with detour rhino tracking in Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
Your driver will pick you from the accommodation and you will head out for Murchison falls. The highlights of this park include; the roaring rapids of the Murchison, the rolling plains of Uganda’s largest National Park where you will have the chance of viewing lions, giraffes, hartebeest, buffalo, and elephants. En route, make a detour visit to Zziwa Rhino sanctuary. You will have at least one hour of rhino tracking while here. Another stop will be in Masindi in order to enjoy your lunch. Continue to the park and check in to your accommodation to relax for the Evening. Accommodation: Fort Murchison | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3: Murchison Game drive and boat trip to the base of the falls.
Have your breakfast, depart for an early morning game drive across the rolling plains of Uganda’s largest National Park, where you will have the opportunity of viewing lions, giraffes, hartebeest, buffalo, and elephants. After lunch you will head out for the launch/boat trip to the base of Murchison Falls. Continue with a hike (if you like) to the top of the falls. The hike may be a strenuous one but the thrill on reaching the top is unforgettable. Miss it only if you must. Return to your accommodation and have a relaxed evening.
Accommodation: Fort Murchison | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking in Budongo Forest plus bird watching.
Budongo is astonishingly bio-diverse, with 24 mammal species, over 360 birds, 289 butterflies and 465 plants. Budongo is also known for its primate population, which includes around 800 chimpanzees. After breakfast, you will be driven through the Ugandan countryside which alone is worth a trip as you go for chimpanzee trekking in Budongo Forest.
Accommodation: Budongo Eco Lodge | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5: Depart to Entebbe to catch your flight out.
Have a relaxed breakfast and then set off for a return journey to Entebbe Airport for your flight out.
Accommodation: Budongo Eco Lodge | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Departure Point :Entebbe/Kampala
Return Detail :Entebbe/Kampala
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age: 15.
- Minimum number of travelers: 1
- A tourist visa is required.
- Tips are offered depending on ones' level of gratitude.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.