5 Days Rwenzori Hiking Uganda
For mountaineers, reaching the highest point on the 5,109-meter Margharita peak in the Rwenzoris is one of the most rewarding experiences in Africa. Though the mountain ranks third among the highest mountains of Africa, many climbers consider climbing the Rwenzoris as the most challenging on the whole African continent.
The trail has been open for exclusively wilderness camping. The hiking goes through the mountain forest, giving you the opportunity to see wildlife like the black and white colobus monkeys, blue monkeys, chameleon, Rwenzori Turaco. The shortest trekking 4-5 days.
per adult from
What's included :
- Dinner - Breakfast lunch and dinner
- Hiking equipment,park fees,guide allowances ,transport, Meals and Accommodation
What's excluded :
DAY 1- FROM IBANDA TO OMU’KA KIZZA REST CAMP (2.977 M)
Nyakalenjija, the trekking starts through the pristine rainforest of Kyambogho ridge with a view of the Mubuku Valley then climb the heavily forested ridge which is home to many primates, such as black and white colobus monkey, blue monkey and occasionally the L’hoest monkey, up the Omu’ka Kizza Rest Camp at 2,977 meters. magnificent views over the Rwenzori foothills and Kasese town 2,160 meters below. you may hear chimpanzee and see black and white colobus, blue monkey and Rwenzori turaco.
DAY 2 – OMU’KA KIZZA REST CAMP TO MAHOMA LAKE
Mahoma lake early morning after breakfast, you will hike to Mahoma Lake. The forest will give you a way to along a narrow moss-covered ridge up to 3,515.
DAY 3 – MAHOMA LAKE TO IBANDA
After breakfast, you may go for walk around the lake and then descend back through Nyabitaba ranger post and the Mpanga ridge to adjoin the Mubuku valley
DAY 4 JOHN MATTE Hut (3350m)
From Nyabitaba follow the trail that drops down through the forest to the Kurt Shafer Bridge, just below the confluence of the Mubuku and Bujuku river. Passing through the bamboo forest,
DAY 5 JOHN MATTE TO BACK TO NYAKALENGIJA
• Fort Portal, Fort Portal, Western Region
Departure Point :Enchanted Uganda Safaris, Rugard Road Plot No 5. Fort portal Uganda, Fort portal Uganda, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or meeting point .it is also posible to me at our offices and start the tour there .Enchanted Uganda Safarisl plot 5 Lugard rod Fort Portal Airports
- Entebbe aircargo transporter, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/12/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday: 08:30 AM - 09:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.