5-hour Private Tour
Each tour is lead by an experienced Navajo guide, who is certified by the Navajo Nation Parks & Recreation Dept. and National Park Service. Each and everyone of our guides was born and raised in this Canyon De Chelly area, allowing them to gain a vast knowledge of its history to share with all our guests who visit this place we call home. As well as learning about the canyon's rich history, rock art sites and other archeological sites, you will hear stories and tales of life in the canyon and get a chance to visit our guide's families who still weave, farm, ranch, and continue to live a traditional Navajo lifestyle in this rural part of the southwest. We invite you to join one of our guides on a truly unique and one of a kind tour, and to support this 100% NAVAJO OWNED and OPERATED SMALL BUSINESS!! Ahéhee' (thank you)
Private tours can be customized, please call for more information or include in notes section when booking online
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Navajo Nation Backcountry Permit Fee $2.00/person cash only
- Entry/Admission - Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Highway 191, Chinle, AZ 86503
Our guided 4x4 tours into Canyon De Chelly National Monument will be lead by experienced and seasoned guides. On your trip, you will visit many archeological sites that include cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Pueblo, rock art panels (both pictograph and petroglyphs) from all past and present inhabitants of Canyon De Chelly, and other historical sites. There will also be many stops for photographic opportunities, restroom stop, and a chance to purchase artwork from local Native artists. Possible stops include visiting a working farm and/or weaving demonstration, only if resident is at their canyon home.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Suggested items to bring-water and snacks-hat, appropriate clothing for time of year (check weather report)-sunscreen -binoculars-camera*Our vehicles are open air (if weather is bad we will bring an enclosed vehicle for more comfort)**CANYON DE CHELLY NATIONAL MONUMENT (including the entire Navajo Nation) OBSERVES DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. All departure for tours will be on Mountain Daylight-Savings Time, which is one hour ahead of the rest of Arizona (from March 10-November 3, 2019). *Please plan accordingly, tours may be shortened or forfeit if group/individual is not on time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.