5-Hour Private Trip to Ephesus with Lunch
Catch the highlights of Ephesus, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site, on this 5-hour private trip from Kusadasi for a minimum of three people. With personal guide and private driver, tour the ruins of ancient Ephesus, the Meryemana (Virgin Mary's House), the Temple of Artemis, and the mysterious Seven Sleepers cave. Skip-the-line entrance and lunch are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Grotto of the Seven Sleepers
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- It's up to you when you leave your hotel or cruise ship for your 5-hour private tour: start at any time between 7:30am and 2pm. The order of the itinerary is flexible, but typically starts with the UNESCO-listed ruined city of Ephesus, about 25 minutes drive from Kusadasi.
Discover one of the world's most atmospheric Greco-Roman cities under the eye of your private guide. Visit the market place, the baths, the theater, the odeon, and the fountains of Trajan and Pollio. Stroll Harbor Street, Marble Street, and Curetes Street, and walk through the Gate of Mazeus and Mithridates. Admire the Library of Celsus, the Prytaneion where the sacred flame was stored, and the temples of Hadrian and Domitian. You'll also see the shockingly public latrines where ancient Romans went about their business!
Your next stop is usually the Meryemana (Virgin Mary's House), a site that's sacred to both Christians and Muslims, where some believe Jesus' mother spent her last days. After this, you might wish to break for lunch, which is followed by a cultural demonstration, or complete the tour and have lunch at the end.
Next, and still very close to Ephesus, is the Temple of Artemis. This was once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, but only a single column marks the site today.
Finally, discover the legend of the Seven Sleepers, another story that's common to Christianity and Islam. Learn how seven young men fled persecution during Roman times and sought refuge in this cave, emerging only after many lifetimes has passed.
Once your tour is complete, your driver and guide will drop you back at the port or your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels in SelcukPorts
- Scala Nuova Shopping Center Kusadasi Aegean Ports, Camikebir, Liman Cd., 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Departure Time :Flexible: between 7:30am and 2pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.