5-Hour St. Petersburg Hermitage State Museum Small-Group Guided Private Tour
Take a 5-hour tour of the Hermitage Treasure Galleries (also known as the Diamond Room and Gold Room) with a Hermitage Curator! Admire unbelievable treasuries of the UNESCO-listed Faberge Halls in the Hermitage State Museum. These are the most prized sections of the Hermitage. Afterwards continue exploring the other exhibitions in the museum independently, as your ticket includes all-day admission.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide (only in State Hermitage, Diamond and Gold Rooms)
- Local guide (only in State Hermitage, Diamond and Gold Rooms)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
Start your excursion with the unique Faberge Halls of the Hermitage. The Diamond Room has the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's fine jewelry and the Gold Room is a spectacular collection of gold, silver, and royal jewels that belonged to the Russian tsars. It has the best and the biggest collection of Scynthian Gold in the world. The Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and their collections are really worth seeing.
The Gold Room houses a significant collection of archeological finds - the famous Ancient Greek gold, the best and the world's biggest collection of Scythian gold, oriental jewelry items from India, Iran and China, as well as superb examples of ceremonial oriental weapons. It consists of around 1,500 works in total, made from gold and dating from the 7th century B.C. to the 19th century A.D.
Access to the Diamond and Gold Rooms (also call Treasure Galleries) is usually by pre-arranged appointment only, with no exceptions, and a regular tour usually lasts for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group. Due to extremely high demand usually you cannot visit both Galleries on the same day either, so this small group, 2.5 hour tour is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not to be missed!
Your small-group tour of the Diamond and Gold Rooms will take place with curators, who actually curate the rooms themselves. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history and are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have 1 hour,15 minutes for each room to look at the unique jewelry masterpieces. The curators will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
You will also have a 1 hour and 20 minute guided tour of the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world.
Your tour also includes an all-day entrance ticket, so after the guided tour you can stay at this marvelous museum as long as you wish (closing time is 6pm; and on Wednesdays it is 9 pm). There is a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense).
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Palace Square, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment US$ 100 for blanket visa and round-trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship (US$ 100 for all the travelers, not per person). Minimum 2 travelers required. Details needed for blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.