6-Day Northern Shan State and Mandalay Tour from Yangon
Join this private 6 days tour, explore Northern Shan State with its remote village life and walk your way through the jungle, take the train over the Gokteik Viaduct and discover the former British Hill Station Pyin Oo Lwin before winding down the road to Mandalay.
A perfect combination of selected excursions giving real insight to the local cultures and a portion of freedom to follow your own instinct of discovery. Enjoy a wonderful train journey through the Shan mountains after getting to know Hsipaw and Kyaukme with its surroundings and unique hill tribes.
A truly diverse soft adventure experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4 nights accommodation and 1 night on the public bus
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional English speaking local guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food, unless specified
- Day 1: Transfer to Hsipaw in Northern Shan State from Yangon by bus at 4pm. We will overnight on the public bus.
Day 2: Arrived Hsipaw. Upon arrival, walk to your hotel (hotel is only 5-minute walking distance from Khaing Ta Pyay bus station). The room is ready for check-in. In the late afternoon your guide will take you for a walk through a panoramic scenery of paddy fields and other seasonal crops passing small creeks, Shan villages and local schools and monasteries. The guide will explain in detail about Shan life around Hsipaw and show you some home industries like cheroot (cigar) rolling and bamboo weaving and the local people in Northern Shan state. Overnight at Hotel – Nice wooden bungalows in a beautiful garden.
Day 3: A day for yourself. After breakfast, you will explore the town on your own. Overnight at Hotel - Nice wooden bungalows in a beautiful garden.
Day 4: Completely plunge in rural life with your local guide. Your guide will be waiting for you at the final bus stop to take you to the guesthouse where you will spend the night. Embark on a full day trekking through the mountains surrounding Kyaukme during which your guide will give you a fascinating insight into the life of the Palaung people living in these remote hills. We have lunch in one of the Palaung villages. Today is a great day out in the nature in an area where you can still find people who have rarely seen western foreigners before and who live according to centuries old traditions. Overnight at Hotel – basic Guesthouse with private facilities.
Day 5: A train journey over a bridge, 820 feet (250m) high. The train departs at 11:05am from Kyaukme station and will pass the Gokteik Viaduct at around 1:30pm. Through spectacular mountain scenery the train will slowly move forward over the old railway track passing small villages and towns where vendors will enter the train to sell drinks and local snacks. Expected arrival time in the Pyin Oo Lwin – the former summer capital for the British colonial administration. On arrival at the colonial train station transfer on own arrangement to your hotel.
Day 6: Car-pooling from the scenic hill town to Mandalay. A shared taxi will pick you up at the hotel in Pyin Oo Lwin and drive you down the hill towards Mandalay. In Mandalay the shared taxi will drop you at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.