6 days Gorilla Adventure
This amazing adventure takes us to Bwindi ‘The Impenetrable Forest’ in Uganda’s mountainous far southwestern tip where you will have the opportunity to track Mountain Gorillas. This action filled excursion will take you also to Mgahinga National Park where you will trek up Mount Sabinyo 3,645m one of the region’s inactive volcanoes. You will have the opportunity to observe another endangered species, the Golden Monkey in its natural habitat of bamboo forest. Local tribesmen will pilot dug-out canoes as we traverse Lake Mutanda.
Bwindi ‘the impenetrable forest’ home to one of the richest ecosystems in Africa. Mountain Gorillas are one of the world’s most endangered apes. It is estimated that there are only about 880 left throughout the world. Almost half of them can be found in Uganda, and populations can also be found in neighbouring Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All activities
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Afternoon tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Experience pure adventure, the off the beaten track experience; you will discover Uganda by Air, walking, canoeing, trekking and vehicle transfer, from the convenient departure from Entebbe International Airport to the town of Kisoro, During the short flight you will be able to see Uganda´s diversity from high up.
Pick you up from the Airstrip and drive you up to Nkuringo. A short distance that can take up to 2 hours.Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is set 2160m ASL above sea level and offers stunning views looking north over the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, south to the volcanoes of the Virunga and west into the rift valley and the DR Congo.
Gorilla trekking will start with a detailed briefing about gorilla etiquette. Depending on which family you are trekking, the briefing point is either 300 meters or 23 kms away. After the briefing we will either start walking from there or will be driven to the closest starting point. We will then start searching for the gorillas. Once we find them, we will be allowed to spend 1 hour with them.
You also have the opportunity to undertake a full day trekking, accompanied by our local guides through the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest one of the most diverse habitats on earth and home to 120 species of mammals, 200 varieties of tree and more than 50 reptiles.
Get the insider knowledge on the way of life of the local people by commencing a walking safari through the local rural communities the 9km walk to the north shore of the lake is conducted where the dugout canoe team will rendezvous at the Rwajenje landing site with you to complete a traverse of the Lake Mutanda in dugout canoe for over 2 and 1/2 hours to the southern shore where you will meet with your vehicle to transfer to overnight at nearly the base of the Virunga Volcanoes, beautiful lodge constructed out of volcanic rocks, here you can choose to trek Mt.Sabinyo 3620m ASL where the third peak of the Volcano is meeting point of 3 countries or trek the endangered Golden Monkey only found in the Bamboo forest along the Virunga Volcano chain.
Departure Point :Entebbe International Airport
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 15 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.