6 hours Rome Chauffeured Sightseeing & Appian Way Catacombs Small Group Tour
Enjoy a special daily sightseeing Tour of the Roman's historical center chauffeured by your personal driver, admiring the main sites in the city and many unique Eternal City treasures... Be amazed by the most breathtaking view of Rome, from the terrace of Janiculum Hill where you'll enjoy a special toast with a glass of sparkling "Prosecco." Continue your experience with an in-depth excursion in one of the most exciting places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. You'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, among the longest in the world, where you can admire ancient frescoes, crypts, mausoleums,and much more. You'll also find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles. The catacombs that we'll visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla) will change depending on the day.
Between the first and the second part of this tour, you'll have a 1-hour break before starting again your tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pick-up
- Private City Center Sightseeing Tour
- Bottle of Prosecco
- Guide Service only inside the Catacombs
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle or minivan
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Guide service during the transportation
- Private Tour into The Catacombs
- Drop off to your hotel
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Prepare to be overwhelmed by the magical atmosphere of Rome after your driver picks you up from your central accommodations. Along the way around the City, you may have some short stops in order to take some photos.
Get closer to the main places and monuments in Rome, enjoying the fascinating and magical atmosphere created by the night-time lighting.
Admire the enlightened Colosseum. Although partially ruined because of damage caused by earthquakes and stone-robbers, the Colosseum is still an iconic symbol of Imperial Rome and is listed as one of the most important archaeological areas worldwide and one of Rome's most popular tourist attractions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Spanish Steps, Piazza di Spagna, 00187 Rome Italy
Admire the beauty of the Spanish Square, one of the most famous squares in Rome. Located in the heart of the roman's historic City center, the square hosts fascinating and incredible masterpieces.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
Take a stop to admire the Trevi Fountain, that is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous fountains in the world, even appeared in several iconic movies like "La Dolce Vita" and "Roman Holiday",the great decorating sculptures of this baroque masterpiece, creating a magical and romantic atmosphere.
Belonging to the fountain is the legend whereby throwing a coin in the fountain you will ensure your return in Rome.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Take a look at one of the most important squares in Rome admiring form the external side the greatness of the Vatican. In the middle of the square rises an elegant ancient Egyptian obelisk flanked by two granite fountains, Gian Lorenzo Bernini and Carlo Maderno designed, all surrounded by a massive Doric colonnades.
Located directly in front of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City, is enriched by an ancient Egyptian obelisk, erected at the current site in 1586. Gian Lorenzo Bernini designed the square almost 100 years later, including the massive Doric colonnades, four columns deep, which embrace visitors in "the maternal arms of Mother Church". A granite fountain constructed by Bernini in 1675 matches another fountain designed by Carlo Maderno in 1613.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Via Veneto, Rome Italy
Be amazed by the lights of the multiple bridges on the River Tiber and travel down the elegant Via Veneto of “La Dolce Vita” fame and its paparazzi memories.
Stop At: Terrazza del Gianicolo, Piazzale Giuseppe Garibaldi, 00165 Rome Italy
Enjoy the breathtaking views of Rome from the terrace of Gianicolo, one of the best locations in the town for a scenic view of central Rome with its domes and bell towers. While enjoying one of the most incredible and breathtaking panoramic views of the sparkling Eternal City raise a toast to celebrate this magical moment before being carried to our office in Via Della Polveriera 8, where the first part of your tour ends.
Take a short lunch break (lunch is not included) and then come back to our office where the second part of your tour starts.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica, Piazza delle Finanze 1, 00185 Rome Italy
After your lunch break, get ready to start again! Starting, with a small group, from our travel agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica.
Walk along the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometers of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels, B&b, apartment, vacation rentals in the city center only.If out of the city center, pick up rate to be arranged on request!
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must exchange your voucher at the meeting point to join the tour
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Panoramic tour by car with private Driver but without a Guide
- IN ORDER TO BEST SERVE YOU, MAKE SURE TO POINT US OUT THE EXACT LOCATION WHERE YOU WISH TO BE PICKED UP!
- To join the Catacombs tour, please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Transpostation will be lead by a professional dirver (not a guide)
- small group tour (max 25 people) for the Catacombs Tour
- The catacomb temperature is about 60°F and the moisture content is high; please dress appropriately
- No one can visit the catacombs on their own, nor stray from their group along the route, nor cross the gates that delimit the paths open to the public
- It is forbidden to touch the exhibits along the visit path
- It is forbidden to remove any object and/or material
- No photos allowed inside the Catacombs
- Food and drink are not allowed inside the Catacombs
- Pets are not allowed
- There is no refund on reservation fees and tickets of monuments that are closed due to event that is out of our control.
- If this is not possible, we will operate the tour and will include other sites to compensate for the site/s being closed. No refund is given on unused tickets due to events that are out of our control. We try and do our best to avoid operating the tour when this occurs and if the information from the office responsible of the sites visited is given in a timely manner for us to rearrange and inform all clients.
- Not accessible for travelers with mobility difficulties or
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.