7-Day Tour: Learn to Surf in Nicaragua
If you always wanted to learn how to surf, or you already surf but want intensive coaching to help you progress quickly, this tour is for you. Both beginners and intermediate surfers looking to improve with daily surf instruction in the water and on the beach, plus video and photo analysis to show you what you really need to work on, can benefit from this tour. You can learn to surf just steps from the lodge. You will also have a wide variety of waves to sample from and explore within 30 mins by boat or 4×4.
The best time to learn in Nicaragua is from November to March, as the waves are normally smaller so you can surf a wider variety of spots and have higher success rate. It is possible to learn during the bigger months of April to October, but can be very challenging.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free airport transfers between 8am and 8pm
- Daily surf lessons
- Use of over 60 rental boards
- Video or photo analysis
- Unlimited guided surf trips by boat and 4x4 when conditions dictate
- Very experienced surf guides who know the surf spots better than anyone
- All meals
- Beachfront accommodations
- Great surf spots on the doorstep
- Swimming pool
- Yoga Deck
- Shaded platform for watching the surf
- Trip to the colonial city of Leon
What's excluded :
- Non surf trips such as volcano boarding, horseback riding etc
- This 6-night, 7-day tour starts with pick up at Managua Airport. You will then be taken to the surf camp which is located 1.5 hours away.
You will spend the 6 nights at the Nicaragua Surf Camp on Punta Miramar, with a large beachfront compound and 5 private rooms, all en-suite bathrooms, A/C, swimming pool and surf view rancho/yoga platform. You will be able to enjoy all meals and snacks made with the freshest and finest ingredients by local chefs.
At the Miramar lodge you will have a left point on the doorstep, plus an A-frame reef, a left reef and a beach break in 5 mins walk, or you can take a free boat to the long lefts at Puerto Sandino the 11 miles of beach break peaks and river mouths of Salinas Grandes. You can also drive South to the fun beach breaks around El Transito and a few hidden gems in between.
The Punta Miramar surf camp is on the beach in a small fishing town, you can explore the rolling countryside with our mountain bikes or motor bikes.
Departure Point :Meet at Managua airport (MGA)
Departure Time :Flexible
Return Detail :Drop off at Managua airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.