7 Mile Guided Paddleboard Tour On The French Broad River in Asheville
Enjoy this private, guided paddleboard tour through the world famous Biltmore Estate! Your guide will tell you the history of the Biltmore and help spot local area wildlife like otters, herons, turtles, osprey, eagles, black bear, and deer. After meeting your guide at Asheville Outdoor Center you'll enjoy a shuttle in an air conditioned van to the starting point at Bent Creek, where you'll receive a lesson and expert instruction from your certified paddleboard instructor. Once you feel confident and comfortable on the board you'll follow your guide on a 2.5 hour private paddle down the river. This section of river is beautifully forested and offers views of the Biltmore Estate, which is a Châteauesque-style mansion built by George Washington Vanderbilt II. You'll also learn expert paddleboarding tips and finish back at Asheville Outdoor Center within minutes of restaurants and breweries.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
- Meet your guide at Asheville Outdoor Center in West Asheville (521 Amboy Road), where you'll park and then ride in an air-conditioned shuttle to the starting point at Bent Creek. Then you will look for the minivan with paddleboards on top that's parked in the far corner of the grass parking lot. Here you'll be fitted with a life jacket and paddle, and receive a lesson on the basics of SUP before setting off along the water.
Also on our journey keep an eye out for native wildlife such as turtles, herons, otters, beavers, deer, ducks, and black bears, and hear stories of Asheville's past from your friendly local guide. If you're up for it, your guide can also teach you some tricks and proper racing technique. Your 2.5-hour paddle finishes back at Asheville Outdoor Center, just a 3-minute drive from restaurants and breweries on Haywood Road in West Asheville.
*The Biltmore Estate is private property and no paddling to shore is allowed.
*$5 from every paddler is directly donated to RiverLink—a nonprofit organization working to restore the local watershed.
Departure Point :194 Hominy Creek Rd, Asheville, NC 28806, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is maximum weight limit of 260 lbs.
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for ages 10 years and up
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.