7hr ATV Volcano and Lava Experience Quad Tour from Reykjavik
The ultimate ATV tour in Iceland with a full blast of 7 hours of driving. This is for those who want to venture deep into the volcanic landscapes and lava fields of Iceland.
The day will begin you being picked up from your bus stop and driven to the ATV headquarters. There you will be briefed on safety and how to operate the ATV. At the base camp, they have well-equipped bathrooms and hot coffee.
On this venture you will drive through lava fields to Hellisheidi Geothermal Powerplant and ascend to Hengill Mountain Range, on the mountain range you will see hot steams coming from the earth all around you. We will keep driving through the deep iconic Instidalur valley. Explore even more lava fields and you will also up close see the blue mountains. In the end of the tour we will also ascend to Reykjavik Peak mountain to finish the day off with a view to enjoy over Reykjavik.
ATV Maximum Group : 20 persons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overalls, helmets, balaclavas, gloves
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik Area
What's excluded :
The tour starts with an adventurous ride in the backlands of Reykjavik all the way to the Hengill mountain range and Hellisheiðarvirkjun, the biggest geothermal power plant in Iceland. You follow the trail to a place called “Þúsund vatna leiðir” – “The valley of one thousand rivers”. As the name says, a lot of splashing and fun are waiting for you. On the way to your lunch break, there is one more stop at an old Skiresort which has a volcanic hot spring waiting for you. This place is approved by Ben Stiller since it was one of many filming locations for his movie “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”. After your Lunchbreak in a cozy little restaurant, you will head to the iconic blue mountains. The trail leads you through dirt tracks and old trails surrounded by huge mountains and inactive volcanoes. On the way to the next stop, you will drive through another huge lava field next to some pipelines which might be familiar to you if you watched “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”. The reward for this final stage of your ride will be the breathtaking view of Þingvallavatn, the biggest lake in Iceland.
• Ulfarsfell, Mosfellsbaer Iceland
• Krysuvik, Iceland
• Safari Quads, Lambhagavegur 19, Reykjavik 113 Iceland
• Lake Tjornin, Reykjavik Iceland
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels in Reykjavik City.You will need to send us your accommodation details in Reykjavik City. If your hotel is at a no-pick up zone. You will need to be assigned to a bus stop. You need to be ready at 09:00. The pickup is between 09:00-09:30.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children ages 8 and up are only permitted to ride as passengers
- A full valid driver’s licence is required to drive
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We at Safari are taking the risk and therefore taken measurements to prevent further spread of COVID-19 very serious. The health of our customers and employees is our utmost priority. Therefore, we have adjusted our procedures to meet the requirements given by the Directorate of Health.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.