8-Day Murchison Falls, Chimp and Epic Gorilla Trekking Safari
Head to Murchison Falls National Park and expect: Big 5 sighting, boat trip to the base of the falls plus a hike to the top of the falls. Transfer to Kibale for chimp trekking. You will be fascinated by the primates population here. Queen Elizabeth National Park makes your next stop where you expect classic big games (including chances of sighting the rare tree-climbing lions) and boat trip on the Kazinga channel. Visit Bwindi for the ultimate gorilla experience. Exit Bwindi for the Airport.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary.
- All ground transportation in a comfortable safari vehicle.
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide.
- Water while on safari.
- The launch/boat trips as on the itinerary.
- All airport/hotel pick-up and drop off.
- All activities as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Phone calls and bar bills.
- Personal/travel insurance.
- Air fare.
- Any activity stated as “Optional
- All other Services of a personal nature.
- Driver guide’s gratuity.
- All kinds of drinks except water.
- Chimp (USD 150) and Gorilla (USD 600) trekking permits.
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Murchison Falls NP with detour rhino tracking in Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
Your Guide/driver will pick you from the Entebbe International Airport and hit the road to Murchison Falls National Park. En route, make a stopover at Zziwa Rhino sanctuary for an hour of rhino tracking then continue to Murchison.
Day 2: Murchison morning game drive and the afternoon boat trip to the base of the falls.
After an early breakfast, tour the Northern section of Murchison with a high concentration of savannah wildlife. Enjoy game viewing and photography of elephants, buffalos, waterbucks, giraffes, Uganda kob and lions, the leopards (if you’re lucky) plus a variety of bird species. Return to your accommodation for lunch and then go for a 3-hour boat trip to the base of the falls.
Day 3: Exit Murchison and Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park.
After breakfast at your accommodation, drive to the top of the falls (if you didn’t hike) where you will have spectacular view of the falls. Else, depart right away for Kibale Forest National Park after breakfast. Kibale is popular for its primates like the chimpanzees, colobus monkeys, mangabeys and red tailed monkeys.
Day 4: Chimp trekking in Kibale forest and later transfer to Queen Elizabeth NP.
An experienced ranger will take you chimp tracking in the morning. The activity begins at 8.00am with a briefing regarding the rules of trekking the chimpanzees after which you set off to search for them in the forest. Once you locate the chimpanzees, you will have a full hour with them. You will return to the lodge for lunch after which you will head out for Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Day 5: Queen’s Morning game drive and afternoon boat trip along the Kazinga channel.
On this day, you will have a game drive and launch trip (boat trip) on the Kazinga Channel in the morning and afternoon respectively.
Day 6: Exit Queen and transfer to Bwindi with en route game drive in Isasha area.
Have breakfast then set off for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park through the Isasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park – famously known for its resident tree-climbing lions.
Day 7: Go gorilla trekking in Bwindi and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi for relaxation.
After an early breakfast and a briefing by a ranger guide, you will enter the gorilla sanctuary for your adventure. Return to your lodge. Have your lunch and thereafter check out for a transfer to Lake Bunyonyi.
Day 8: Exit Bunyonyi and return to Entebbe to catch your flight out.
Have a relaxed breakfast at the accommodation with spectacular view of the Bunyonyi little islands just right in front of you and thereafter embark on your return journey to Entebbe Airport.
Departure Point :Entebbe Airport / Kampala
Return Detail :Entebbe Airport / Kampala
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visa is required to enter the country.
- Min. age is 15.
- Min. travellers is 1.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.