8-Hour: Lima City Tour Including a Cooking Class, a Market Tour & Exotic Fruits
The Peruvian culinary scene has grown tremendously in popularity over the past couple of years and here's your unique chance to find out why! Take part in an authentic cooking class and experience the flavors of Lima. Then, take to the streets for a city sightseeing tour which ticks off all of Lima's main attractions. A perfect tour which combines history, sightseeing and food!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel or Apartament pickup and drop-off (hotels in Barranco, Miraflores, San Isidro, downtown Lima only)
- Professional Chef
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Basílica y Convento de San Francisco de Lima
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado nro 1 de Surquillo, Av. Paseo de la Republica, Lima Peru
After we pick you up, we will head to a local market located in Surquillo district, just next to Miraflores.
We will visit different stands and show you from where the products and ingredients come from.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Haku Tours: (Local Life Experience & Peru's Top Authentic Food Tours), Oficina 711, Calle Porta 170, Miraflores 15074, Peru
This class is for people who love traditional foods and want to make it at home! You'll love the relaxed atmosphere with no dull demo's, because we believe in the hands-on approach.
Once we buy all the products in the local market, we will go to the kitchen area.
First, we chop and cut all the ingredients in order to get ready everything to start to cook.
To cook, we use ceramic pots, the same as our ancestors did. This way we will keep all the flavour as natural as they are.
The cooking lesson includes snacks, fruit festival, starter and main course.
Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza San Martin, Lima Peru
Our first stop in the Historic Center is the well known Plaza San Martín.
This Plaza was built in the early 20th century, it is named for one of our liberators of our country. José de San Martí, who sits astride a horse at the center of the plaza.
Here you could also appreciate the first luxury hotel opened in Lima: Hotel Bolivar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Historico de Lima, Plaza de Armas, Lima 15001 Peru
After visiting Plaza San Martín, other great places you will visit are: the Jiron del Union Pathway, First Fotoshop Palace in South America, the old fashioned Casa Weslch, the baroque style Iglesia de la Merced, which is in front of former President Ramon Castilla's statue, who abolished the slavery.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas (Plaza Mayor), Jr. Junin and Jr. Carabaya, Lima Peru
La Plaza Mayor (or Plaza de Armas) is the oldest public space in Lima. There we could find the Government Palace, the Cathedral of Lima and the City Hall.
In the center of the Plaza, we could appreciate the oldest fountain made in Peru, as well as the beautiful gardens and balconies which surround the main square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Archbishops Palace, Plaza de Armas Plaza Mayor de Lima, Lima 15001 Peru
Here we see the baroque balconies which date from the 16th century. However, they were restored by the 18th century, but with the original morish influence.
Stop At: Basílica y Convento de San Francisco de Lima, Jirón Lampa, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
Classic and unique, you will see palaces, castles, the Saint Francisco Monastery and the impressive underground Catacombs.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Palacio Municipal de Lima, Jiron de la Union 300 Plaza Mayor de Lima, Lima Lima 1 Peru
Serves as headquarters of the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima. It is located on the street.
Pass By: Basilica y Monasterio de Santo Domingo, Jiron Camana 170, Lima 15001 Peru
Post Office Palace, Dominicans Tower, historical Rimac Bridge and the city's next big project - the under river subway! After the tour, you'll be taken back safely to your hotel.
Departure Point :1: Miraflores, Peru
2: Barranco, Peru
3: San Isidro, Peru
4: Lima District, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
All our prices included pick up and drop off to your hotel only when it is located in: Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco and Lima centre. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All our prices included pick up and drop off to your hotel only when your hotel is located in: Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco and Lima downtown. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off, this extra payment should be in cash. The options to pay are US Dollars or Local Currency or both, at the end of your tour to your tour guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.