9-Hour Jabal Akhdar Green Mountains Tour
Enjoy a drive up the Green Mountains also known as Jabal Akhdar. A pleasant climate, fragrance of roses and a bounty of fruits and vegetables are characteristic of this mountain range. A visit to the Nizwa fort and souq is also included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Nizwa Fort Oman
- Entry/Admission - Jebel Akhdar
What's excluded :
- In the morning you will be picked up at 08:30am and driven to Jabal Akdhar. You will be driven on to the pretty village of Birkat al Mauz and enjoy a walk through the lush green date plantations. Enjoy the cool climate up in the mountains and see Jabal Akdhar which is famous for fruit orchards typically laid out in terraces along the mountain slopes and irrigated by ‘falaj’, traditional water systems. A wide variety of fruit including peaches, pomegranates, apricots, figs, grapes, apples plums and pears are cultivated here from July to September and almonds and walnuts are included in the crop. The villages of Saiq, Wadi Bani Habib (a village of old houses) and Al Ain dot the landscape and overlook a spectacular landscape of peaks, gorges and wadis. The roses of Jabal Akdhar fill the air with fragrance from March to April when they are in full bloom and rose water is distilled in the homes of the villagers.
In the afternoon you will be driven to the historic town of Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital. You visit the powerful Fort with its massive Circular Cannon Tower, one of the most impressive forts in Oman and the traditional Souq. Later drive back to Muscat.
Departure Point :Hotels located within Muscat city limits only or Muscat Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.