90-Minute Jean Lafitte Swamp and Bayou Tour
Experience the full magic of Louisiana's bayous on the closest swamp tour to downtown New Orleans. Journey down the bayou on a 90-minute Cajun adventure through the heart of Southern Louisiana on a relaxing and shaded pontoon boat ride in the protected Jean Lafitte National Park and Preserve.
As you and your family glide along swamp waters, observe native plant and exotic life in a delicate yet powerful landscape that has both changed and defined Louisiana culture. View moss-covered cypress trees, evading yet beautiful water hyacinths, gators, egrets, and many more interesting creatures that call the swamp their home. Tour guides born and raised in the bayou will reveal the mysteries of the bayou as well as exclusive facts about its ecosystem. Join us and "laissez les bons temps rouler!"
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Narrated tour on restroom-equipped boat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Transportation from New Orleans
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 6601 Leo Kerner Pkwy, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
Once you receive your ticket online please bring your e-voucher down to the gift shop. When the voucher is successfully redeemed from the reservationists, you will be directed to your pontoon boat and greeted by your Captain. Make sure to bring your camera along to capture Louisiana's swampland in all its glory!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Native guides will lead you through the meandering bayou in a shady, spacious pontoons boat under a relaxing breeze. Learn about the swamp's ecosystem and all of its mysterious lore while viewing the gators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and snakes that call the swamp their home.
If you are coming from New Orleans and need a hotel pick up, Jean Lafitte Swamp Tour offers pick-ups/drop-offs at select hotel locations for an additional fee. Please call for exact pick-up time/location options and to reserve your transport. All pickups are 1 hour prior to tour. There's a lunch option available for the 10 a.m. where you will dine at Restaurant Des Familes after your swamp adventure.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :6601 Leo Kerner Pkwy, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.