A Day Hike to Begnas Tal - Pokhara
If you are in Pokhara and looking for a peaceful time around a freshwater lake, then a hike around the Begnas lake is a perfect place to be. The hike allows a spectacular view of the twin lakes of Rupa lake and Begnas lake along with the panoramic view of a vast snowy expanse; Manaslu, Annapurna II, Annapurna III & IV as well as Mt. Macchapuchhre and weather permitting, the distant Dhaulagiri in the far west.
Located in the south-east of the Pokhara Valley, Begnas lake is the third-largest lake of Nepal and second-largest, after Phewa Lake, among the eight lakes in Valley.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick and drop to/from Lakeside Pokhara in private a/c vehicle
- 1 Local English Speaking Nepali Guide during the hike
- 1 Lunch at a local restaurant during hike
- Boating in Phewa Lake
- Necessary monument and entrance fees
What's excluded :
- International, regional and domestic airfares
- Bar bills, Laundry bills, Airport taxes,
- Personal, Travel and Health Insurance
- Cost arising out of flight cancellations or delays, or any events that are beyond our control.
- Staffs Tipping
- Any other cost which are not specified in the inclusion section
- Transfer to Begnas Lake, the second largest lake of the valley after the Phewa Lake. After hike, you will be transferred back to Pokhara.
Hike Duration: approx. 4 to 5 hours approx.
Drive Time from Phewa Lake: approx. 45 mins.
Category: Easy – Moderate
Transfer to Begnas Lake, the second largest lake of the valley after the Phewa Lake.
Hike along the ridges as the trail slowly leads higher through forests of Horse-Chestnut and Saal trees. The view of the surrounding hillsides and the twin lakes of Rupa and Begnas is simply breathtaking. Walk steadily north gaining a slight altitude through Begnas village, a spread out spectacle of clean mud houses and terraced fields. Higher up is Begnas Maidan, an open meadow perched on a hilltop from where one can have the most spectacular mountain views sweeping from east to west in a vast snowy expanse; Manaslu, Annapurna II, Annapurna III & IV as well as Mt. Macchapuchhre and weather permitting, the distant Dhaulagiri in the far west.
After lunch at one of the many local restaurants around Begnas, you have an option of hiring a boat for a short ride in the tranquil surroundings, before meeting your vehicle for the 40 minutes’ drive back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
-Additional transfer charges will be applicable if the pickup location is away from the Lakeside orfrom Pokhara Airport.Airports
- Pokhara Airport, Pokhara Nepal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.