A Day Tour to Family Wineries (from Tbilisi)
For just about as long as people have known how to make wine, Georgians have been harvesting grapes to produce their own brand of this noble alcohol. Nowadays, Georgian wine has become famous globally and every year attracts attention of more and more wine lovers.
Our trip will allow you to:
- Visit several areas in Georgia that are famous for their wines, and meet with the people that make them;
- Explore in-depth both modern vineyards and wine cellars, and family-owned facilities producing wines using the most traditional methods;
- Get an insight into the Georgian historical and religious traditions during the visit to the medieval Shio-Mgvime Monastery.
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary
- Lunch - Lunch made of traditional Georgian dishes at Merebashvili’s Marani
- Wine tour and wine tasting at Ori Marani and Merebashvili’s Marani
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Ori Marani
- Entry/Admission - Merebashvili's Marani
What's excluded :
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shio-Mgvime Monastery, Mtskheta Georgia
The Shio-Mgvime Monastery is a medieval monastic complex located in a narrow limestone canyon on the northern bank of the Kura River, 10 km west of Mtskheta. The first monastic community at this place is said to have been founded in the 6th century by monk Shio. The monastery has several intriguing features, including a cruciform church, very plain and strict in its design, dated back to c. 560s-580s and the caves carved by monks still visible around the monastery and along the road leading to the complex.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ori Marani, Igoeti, Kaspi Raioni, Igoeti 2609 Georgia
The Ori Marani Wines is a bright startup of a professional French wine maker. Wines of Ori Marani are product of the unique mix of Georgian and French wine making technologies.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Merebashvili's Marani, Gorgasali Street 29, Kaspi 2600 Georgia
The Merebashvili’s Marani Wine Cellar is a place, where you can learn about the pure Kartlian technologies of wine making and enjoy the hospitality of traditional Georgian family.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our guide will be waiting for you in the hotel lobby. He/ She will have a sign with your name on it.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.