A day trip to Debrelibanos Monastery and the Portuguese Bridge
Escape into Ethiopia tours help to explore Debrelibanos Monastery and the Portuguese Bridge, and the cave where the Saint Tekle Haymanot prayed. In Debrelibanos you will visit the small waterfall, ending up in the Jemma River Gorge, one of the tributaries of the Blue Nile River. On the other side of the cliffs Gelada Monkeys can be seen in the bridge side with awesome views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entrance fees
- Good conditioned car
- Professional Tour Guide
- Bottle of water
- Fresh fruit/ Banana or orange
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos Monastery Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Debre Libanos Monastery Museum, Debre Libanos, Ethiopia
Debrelibanos monastery and the Portuguese Bridge, which was one of first bridge in Ethiopia and one of the oldest monastery founded in the 13th century by Saint Tekle Haymanot. The church was built over Tekle Haymanot’s tomb, which were constructed by the order of the last King of Ethiopia, (Haile Selassie I) in 1961, and Elaborated with Mosaics and stained-glass. Escape into Ethiopia tours help visitors to explore the church, the cave where the saint prayed is in the nearby cliffs. Escape into Ethiopia tours offers walk to the cave, this cave contains holy water. In Debrelibanos you will visit the small waterfall, ending up in the Jemma River Gorge, one of the tributaries of the Blue Nile River. On the other side of the cliffs Gelada Monkeys can be seen in the bridge side with awesome views.
Debrelibanos is two hours’ drive from the catial Addis Ababa.
Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from any Hotels, and Bole international airport. Airports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.