A Fatal Feud - An Immersive Treasure Hunt-style Murder Mystery - The Secret City
Immerse yourself in historic sights and obscure quirks as you solve riddles and progress on your treasure hunt-style adventure. Once your tale starts you’ll unravel cryptic clues to unlock the hidden path to a location within walking distance. Decode the clue and search nearby to find the answer. All on your mobile phone using Telegram available on all app stores (like Whatsapp!).
--"We had a great time, seeing some interesting hidden gems and generally 'observing' more than you normally do!"
--"This was great fun for a sunny day out! Right mix of hard and difficult questions and a good walk too :)"
--"A lot of fun - we've done a lot of these and this was up there as one of the best"
--"Just completed the York trail - great fun walking round the city!! Really enjoyed it thanks."
* Please be aware that this route involves the York wall, which has steps that aren't suitable for wheelchair access and requires lifting a stroller. *
per adult from
What's included :
- A trail of riddles sent to your phone; solve each clue to unlock the path,...
- Sent via Telegram smartphone app. Free to download & install. Available on all App Stores.
What's excluded :
You're on the trail of a murder, it's 1491 and rumours are circling. Gather your team and get investigating; starting near Clifford's Tower you'll explore York looking for clues that'll lead you to the suspects.
Discover the York walls and scuttle down hidden streets. Unlock tucked away taverns to warm up and get refreshed before you head back out to conquer your quest.
Complete the trail to learn the motive of this menacing murder and bring the criminals to justice. Based on the tale of a true murder mystery.
There are two optional pub breaks on this trail; the first is 1/3rd around and the second is 2/3rds around.
Distance: 4.0 km
Local knowledge Required: 1 / 5
Difficulty: 2 / 5
Avg Duration: 2.5 - 3.5 hours
Number of clues: 19
How it works:
Each clue, sent to your mobile phone, leads you to a new location within walking distance. Solve the clue and search for the answer, reply with the correct answer to unlock the next step. Hints are available if you need a helping hand and you can also receive messages if you're lost.
Have a competitive streak? Your progress is timed and ranked on our leader board, time to challenge your friends!
Departure Point :Clifford's Tower, York, Tower St, York YO1 9SA, UK
Departure Time :Telegram App (Recommended) 11/13/2019 - 11/1/2021
Whatsapp (Recommended) 12/23/2019 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.