A hike in Kaunas reservoir regional park
There are not many tourist-dedicated hiker trails near Kaunas and some of the most amazing wild nature sights are hard to find without a local. I will guide you through Kaunas most valued natural and man-made sights, located in Kaunas reservoir regional park, and give you a eco-friendly angle on them. We will taste wild edible plants, examine rocks and chat as we go. The gem stone of the hike is Dubrava nature reserve which is one of only 5 nature reserves in Lithuania.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Dinner - We will prepare open fire cooked meal (vegan available)
- Bottled water
- Bus tickets
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pakalniškių piliakalnis, Piliuonos g., Kaunas 53106, Lithuania
Hear the stories of Lithuanian hill-forts, dating back 2000 years ago. Climb the steep slopes of Pakalniškių hill-fort.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vaišvydavos blindažas, Kaunas 45489, Lithuania
Discover the ruins of concrete bunker
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dubrava Marsh Reserve, Unnamed Rd,, 53176, Lithuania
First, we will cross the pristine forest, which is left in natures command. This will give us a glimps on how the European landscape looked like before humans (and how it might look afer we are gone). Then you will be able to marvel at the out of this world sights of pristine swamp landscape without getting your feet wet (there is a wooden path for the visitors).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Žaisa Spring, Draugystės g., Šlienava 53140, Lithuania
Taste the waters of natural spring and hear the stories of Baltic water fairies, shrouding the area. We will have open fire cooked dinner at the campsite.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Žiegždriai geological trail, 53136, Lithuania
See the conglomerate and varved clay exposures, not typical to Lithuanian landscape. Marvel the views from the high shores of Kaunas reservoir
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Payless automobiliu nuoma Kaunas geležinkelio stotis, M. K. Čiurlionio g. 16, Kaunas 44362, Lithuania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.