A Magnificent Day on Inle Lake
From shore to shore, Inle Lake is a kaleidoscope of authenticity. A destination so unique, it continues to captivate new and repeating visitors again and again where the one-legged rowers, its floating temples and gardens are just a few of the highlights
• Meet the famous Inthar one-legged rowers
• Cruise over Inle Lake’s shallow waters by local boat
• Watch local weavers at work at Inpawkhon
• Explore the little-known Indein Pagoda
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by local boat
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda
What's excluded :
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Our guide will pick you up by boat from your lake-side resort along the shores of Inle Lake. Your day will feature sights of the famous leg rowers, typical floating gardens, local methods of fishing, village life and the magnificent scenery.
Stop At: Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, Myanmar (Burma)
Our visits will include various highlights such as the Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda. It is one of the largest and most-revered spiritual sanctuaries in the Inle Lake area is Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda and is characterized by its five large Buddha images, covered in gold leaf.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Inle, Myanmar (Burma)
We also will make a stop at the weaving village of Inpawkhon and to one of the local markets in the Inle Lake region (on market days only). The silk weaving village of Inpawkhon on Inle Lake shows the craftsmanship of transforming handmade silk strings into colourful fabric with unique patterns. Weavers also use cotton and lotus roots to create masterpieces.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
After lunch at a local restaurant, we proceed to the western shore of Inle Lake where you will find the beginning of a stair path leading to the hidden and unknown Inndein Pagoda complex. Visit one of the most amazing historical sights on the shore of the lake consisting of hundreds of small stupas overgrown by moss and greens.
Return to your hotel by boat through lush vegetation scenery. The Inthar farming community uses their knowledge of Inle Lake’s waterways to create floating ‘farmlands’ on the water, growing vegetables, weeds and flowers that we pass by as we weave through these floating gardens by boat. Any visit to the lake would not be complete without witnessing the unique technique of leg-rowing which is so synonymous with Intha fisherman
Back at your hotel/resort along the banks of Inle Lake at around 6 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.