A Native Ancient Journey Across S.E. Ohio (full day, your group of 1-13)
16,-23,000 years ago, prehistoric Siberians enter Alaska. The Ice Age "traps" them for thousands of years. But as continental glaciers melt away, these "Paleo Indians" spread across the New World, ancestors to most Native Americans today. Immerse yourself in their ancient, interesting and historic contexts in the Ohio area.
Amazing destinations from the hidden world of Native Americans might draw from: archeological sites, rock art, native festivals, ancient earthworks, displays of native items, guest speakers, stone tool sites, ceremonies, etc.
Hosts Gemma Pocahontas & The Mountain Man; our journeys are a museum to 500+ near-secret places throughout the Northeast - woven & spun into immersive significant authentic thoughtful explorations that linger in the mind...
Photo Tips for picture taking, compelling depth for your FB / IG / YT / TW / Pin followers!
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
What's included :
- All activities Listed
- Professional Guide (English)
- Entry/Admission - Pittsburgh Paintball Park
What's excluded :
- No pickup/drop-off is offered
- No transportation provided - Drive your own vehicle between stops
- Lodging / Your personal expenses./ tolls and parking
- Snacks - Neither food or drink is included
- Entrance Costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marietta, Marietta, Ohio
Amazing destinations from the hidden world of Native Americans. The Adena, Hopewell and Fort Ancient cultures and other tribes dominated the southern and central Ohio area, but at different.times in history.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pittsburgh Paintball Park, 1403 Idlewood Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205-4232
A critical native location dating back thousands of years. An archeological wonder
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wheeling, Wheeling, West Virginia
An ancient native american construction with few parallels.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Marietta, OH 45750, USA
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Wheeling, WV 26003, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 Precautions ...Masks: At all Stops ...6 feet between households, at stops. ...Sanitize hands often. ...No one showing up with fever/contagious symptoms allowed ... We are scheduling tours based on COVID decreasing rapidly spring into summer. If not, we will keep you informed
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.