A Private Overnight Excursion To Ayodhya from Lucknow
Ayodhya is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Rama and the setting of the epic Ramayana. It is adjacent to Faizabad in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. This town is closely associated with Lord Rama. Ayodhya allegedly is 9,000 years old and was founded by Manu, the first man in the Vedas, and law-giver of the Hindus. Skanda Purana lists Ayodhya as one of the seven most sacred cities of India. It is the backdrop for much of Hindu scripture. On this two-day excursion you will visit the most important religious sites, enjoy special Hindu ceremonies and have lunch with the children at a special Hindu school.
• Vegetarian Lunch at Gurukul with Children
• Boat ride from Faizabad to Ayodhya
• Saryu River Aarti ceremony
• Mokshdayni Walk
• Rudra-Abhishek at Nageshwarnath temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up / drop off within Lucknow city center
- Stay for 01 night in air-conditioned room with breakfast
- English speaking guide
- Services of a priest during religious rituals
- An exclusive Aarti arrangements and Rudra-Abhishek
- Boat ride from Faizabad to Ayodhya
- 02 bottles of mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Mausoleum of Bahu Begum
- Entry/Admission - Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified in above programme will be extra
- Any kind of other services like laundry, telephone calls or miscellaneous services will be extra
Day 1: Lucknow - Ayodhyay
Stop At: Mausoleum of Bahu Begum, Faizabad, Ayodhya India
You will be picked up from your hotel within Lucknow city center at 09:00 A.M. for a two hour drive to Ayodhya.
Reach Gurukul, a type of residential schooling system in ancient India to be welcomed by the children. Enjoy a Vegetarian lunch with them and later check-in at the Manas Bhawan hotel or at the Krishna Palace hotel (subject to availability of rooms).
This evening you will visit Bahu Begum’s Mausoleum in Faizabad. It is one of the tallest buildings in Faizabad and is a beautiful example of non-mughal Muslim architecture.
Later board a boat from Guptar Ghat for a one hour journey to Ayodhya. While enroute enjoy refreshments and tea.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Ayodhya, Ayodhya, Faizabad District, Uttar Pradesh
Reach Saryu Ayodhya Ghat in time for the evening Aarti ceremony dedicated to you with blessings of Mother Saryu. Then visit a local home for a home-cooked dinner with a local Brahmin family.
After dinner check into your hotel for an overnight stay.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Ayodhya Sightseeing- Lucknow
Stop At: Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi, On The Bank Of Saryu River, Ayodhya India
Our second day will start quite early at about 05:00 A.M. Drive to Kanchan Bhawan Temple, the starting point of our Mokshdayani Walk. This walking tour introduces us to the life of this ancient Hindu-city that is the birth place of Lord Rama. The half hour Rudra-abhishek ceremony is scheduled exclusively for you at the Nageshwarnath Temple, after which local breakfast is served at the ghat. Post breakfast you will return to the hotel to freshen up.
At about 11:00 A.M. you will visit Kanak Bhawan temple followed by lunch. After lunch visit Ram Janam Bhoomi, the place where Lord Rama was born. Hanuman Garhi temple will follow before you leave Ayodhya for the drive back to Lucknow.
Reach Lucknow by evening. On arrival you will be taken to your Lucknow city center hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 02 Pax is required at the time of booking
- Local hotel, non-star rated. Air conditioned room includes a tea and coffee maker
- Meals served are strictly vegetarian
- Ayodhya is a wonderful religious town with a rich culture and provides a great experience but to enjoy it , you need to overlook many shortcomings at times in terms of infrastructure that often remains an issue in all ancient Indian towns
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Clothes must be decent during visit to temple ( formal preference)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.