A Royal Touch of Amarapura
From the charming U-Bein Bridge to Buddhist temples and monasteries, the former royal grounds of Amarapura fuels spiritual wanderlust. Crafted as one of the Royal Capitals, an almost enigmatic half-day with a flood of euphoria is lined up when in Mandalay
• Watch how local life goes on across the U Bein Bridge
• Get spiritually inspired at the Mahagadayon Monastery
• Get up close with the wood carvings of Bagaya Monastery
• Browse through Amarapura’s famous handicraft shops
• Return transfers from and to Mandalay are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
What's excluded :
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Mahagandhayon Monastery
- Entry/Admission - U Bein Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Bagaya Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amarapura, Amarapura, Mandalay Region
We will pick you up from your hotel in Mandalay and transfer in the direction of Amarapura, approximately 15 kilometres south of Mandalay. Amarapura was Myanmar’s penultimate Royal Capital and is the first stop today before moving on to our next destination.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mahagandhayon Monastery, Maha Gandar Yone St, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
Our tour starts at the Mahagadayon Monastery, is one of the leading monasteries in Amarapura where more than a thousand monks live and study. The home of hundreds of followers of the Buddhist teachings is a must-visit place for anyone interested in taking a peek into the daily lives of these purveyors of the Buddhist scriptures.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: U Bein Bridge, Amarapura Myanmar
Continue afterwards to the iconic U Bein teak bridge built in 1782 when Amarapura was Royal Capital. Spanning the Taungthaman Lake, this 1.2-kilometre long bridge is the longest teak footbridge in the world without the use of metal nails. It is often busy with locals commuting, which make for an attractive photo opportunity. Erected in 1782, the teak wooden U Bein Bridge is the most famous landmark in all of Amarapura. Taking a centre spot in Amarapura is the serene Taungthaman Lake. Home of the famous U Bein Bridge, the lake is primarily used by local fishermen in search of fish. For many, it is one of the most scenic spots in this town. The timeless charm of the U-Bein bridge makes way for one of Amarapura's most renowned landmarks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bagaya Monastery, Ava, Mandalay Myanmar
No words are there to describe the immaculately crafted Bagaya Monastery, situated just south-west of the Amarapura Palace. Dating back to the second quarter of the 18th century, its vast collection of Buddha statues is certainly noteworthy to enrich your Amarapura experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mandalay, Mandalay, Mandalay Region
As the region is well-known for its handicraft industry, particularly for silk and cotton weaving and bronze casting, optional stops (time permitting) can be organized to witness the skills of these artisans on the way back. This tour ends with a comfortable drive back to Mandalay.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, Monywa, Pyin Oo Lwin, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with obscene prints or pictures. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is only operated in the morning.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.