A Secret Way to the Sistine Chapel Private Tour-transfers included
Explore Vatican Gardens and Sistine Chapel for 3.5-hours with a highly esteemed guide skipping the upper Galleries with hotel pickup included. Admire irreplaceable artwork in the Pope’s Gardens as you walk through the meandering pathways to witness the fountains, colorful flowers and Renaissance architecture. For a more personalized experience, access the breathtaking Sistine Chapel through a secret path, with a traveler limit of 10 people. Be stunned by the frescoes painted by Michelangelo and the amazing team of Italian Renaissance Artists. A shortcut will lead you to St. Peter's Basilica, where you will be able to see the statue of La Pietà and the great Baldacchino by Bernini.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Special access to the Sistine Chapel from the Vatican Gardens
- Private Walking Tour through the Vatican Gardens
- Professional Licensed Blue Badge Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off with Sanitized Vehicle (Centrally located only - within Aurelian Walls)
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Gardens, Viale Vaticano presso Musei Vaticani, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Inside the smallest State in the world and its "green heart", amid monuments, historical fountains and rare botanical treasures
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will enter directly to the Sistine Chapel with a special access through the Room of the Aldobrandini Wedding, previously known as the Room of Samson on account of the ceiling frescoes by Guido Reni narrating the Stories of Samson. This room is usually close to the public.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, 00120, Vatican City
The Sistine Chapel takes its name from Pope Sixtus IV della Rovere (pontiff from 1471 to 1484) who had the old Cappella Magna restored between 1477 and 1480. It is known throughout the world both for being the place where the conclave and other official ceremonies of the Pope are held (in the past also some papal coronations), and for being decorated with one of the most famous and celebrated works of art of artistic civilization the frescoes by Michelangelo
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enjoy the breathtaking Saint Peter's Basilica, shrine of Christianity and Art. You will marvel at the Priceless Pietà, by Michelangelo, and stop by the venerable tomb of Saint John Paul II & Pope Karol Wojtyla.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: La Pieta, Chapel of the Pieta Basilica Di San Pietro, Vatican City Italy
The Pietà is a work of Renaissance sculpture by Michelangelo Buonarroti, housed in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City.
It is the first of a number of works of the same theme by the artist. The statue was commissioned for the French Cardinal Jean de Bilhères, who was a representative in Rome.
The sculpture, in Carrara marble, was made for the cardinal's funeral monument, but was moved to its current location, the first chapel on the right as one enters the basilica, in the 18th century. It is the only piece Michelangelo ever signed.
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
This monumental elliptical space, enclosed by 284 Doric columns four rows deep (196m wide and 148m long), is the masterpiece of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, who laid it out during the pontificates of Alexander VII and of Clement IX.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:30AM at your hotel/accommodation in Rome city center (within Aurelian Walls)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums, please see voucher for more details
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - comfortable shoes are recommended
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside each attraction
- Pictures are strictly forbidden inside the Sistine Chapel
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.