A taste of France's Champagne Region with Mumm: Small-group day trip
Expect a heady experience on this intimate tour of France’s magnificent Champagne region. Any tour of Champagne wouldn’t be complete without a visit to an iconic champagne house, so you’ll enjoy a guided visit and raise a glass of bubbly at the legendary Mumm cellars, home to something like 25 million bottles of one of the world’s bestselling champagnes. Then you’ll take a scenic drive (so beautiful that we’ve scheduled a photo-stop) to Hautvillers and the abbey where Dom Pérignon (aka the father of champagne) lived and worked for much of his life, before heading to the beautiful La Cave à Champagne restaurant in Épernay, your host for a three-course lunch and drinks. Learn more about the magical champagne-making process at a family-owned vineyard (a less grand affair this time), sip a flute of authentic house champagne and raise a glass to your exquisite day trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Photo-stop and quick tour of the stunning Hautvillers village
- Guided visit of a local winery and tasting of their authentic champagne
- 3-course meal (starter + main course + dessert) in a charming Épernay restaurant, Cave à Champagne
- Guided visit of world-famous champagne cellars, G. H. Mumm, and tasting
- Dedicated driver-guide for the full day tour
- Roundtrip transportation from your Paris accommodation
- Entry/Admission - La Maison Mumm
- Entry/Admission - La Cave A Champagne
- Entry/Admission - Champagnes Pommery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Take a picturesque ride from Paris to the breath-taking Champagne region where you’re in for a day to remember
Pass By: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims, 3, rue Guillaume de Machault, 51100, Reims France
Relax on the scenic drive ( approx.2.45Hours) through the French countryside to Reims, city of coronations.
Stop At: La Maison Mumm, 34 Rue de Champ de Mars, 51100, Reims France
Start your tour at the world-famous G.H. Mumm champagne house, founded in 1827.Your dedicated guide will explain the traditional methods of creating champagne and guide you through the historical, celebrated cellars.And, of course, your tour would not be complete without a tasting of succulent Mumm champagne
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Hautvillers, Rue de L'Eglise, 51160 Hautvillers France
Afterwards, you’ll take a scenic drive to Hautvillers, a beautiful village in the French countryside
Stop At: Champagne G. Tribaut, 88 rue d Eguisheim, 51160 Hautvillers France
Located in the north of Épernay,the village is known for its church, Saint Sindulphe, burial place of Dom Perignon, whose life is closely associated with the creation Champagne. A perfect location for a photo-stop
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Office de Tourisme Epernay Pays de Champagne, 7 avenue de Champagne, 51200, Epernay France
Your driver-guide will tell you about the history of this charming village, including the Abbey of St. Peter which existed until the French Revolution.
Stop At: La Cave A Champagne, 16 Rue Gambetta, 51200 Épernay, France
You will then enjoy a traditional lunch (drinks included) at La Cave à Champagne.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Champagnes Pommery, 5 Place General Gouraud, 51100, Reims France
Did you know that the world-famous Dom Perignon lived at this church as a Benedictine monk and his work in the creation of wine is closely related to the champagne we know today?
Then you’ll go from world-renowned to home-grown champagne with a visit to a local vineyard to learn about the key stages of creating fizz, preceding a tasting of their delicious house champagne
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Palais Garnier, Place de l_Opera entrance at the corner of Scribe and Auber streets, 75009 Paris France
Having spent a full day enjoying the best the Champagne region has to offer,you will return back to Paris
Pass By: 1st Arrondissement, Entre Rues Etienne Marcel, des Petits Champs, Daniele Casanova, des Capucines et Quais des Tuileries, Francois Miterrand, du Louvre, de La Megisserie, 75001 Paris France
You will arrive at around 6:30pm at our central located agency.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure.Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Plan warm clothes to visit the cellars
- Tour not suitable for persons with reduced mobility.
- Please note that the pick-up time may vary up to 15 minutes, from the indicated time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.