A travel through antiquity: A tour to the museums of Athens
• Discover facts about the Ancient Greeks that you would never believe
• Museum of Ancient Greek Technology
• Learn about the first analog computer of all times
• Museum of Cycladic Art
• Admire the second largest figurine in the world
• Tasting of traditional Greek pies or coffee break at the cosmopolitan district of Kolonaki
What's included :
- English-speaking guide museologist-archaeologist
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the museums
- Cost of coffee & brunch
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
We start our tour at Syntagma Square following a short and beautiful route in the city center of Athens.
During our historical walk we distinguish the former Royal Palace where nowadays is based the Greek Parliament and then we continue to the district of Kolonaki. Our first stop is at the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology. The museum hosts a permanent exhibition of the “inventions of the Ancient Greeks” of Kostas Kotsanas where we have the chance to see the first ancient robot, the Robot-Maid of Filonas as well as other technological means-inventions that the Ancient Greeks used to have in their daily life. The museum displays around 100 exceptional inventions of the ancient greek world from 2.000 B.C until the end of the ancient greek period. During the tour in the museum our friendly guide will explain us about the technique of time-recording, the mapping, the cryptography and the astronomy. We will get to know from close the inventions of the ancient Greeks and their unbelievable performance. The exhibits are followed by audiovisual material that will help us understand that technology in ancient Greece just before its end was quite similar with the onsets of modern technology. Exploring that period where the patent rights didn’t exist proves clearly that the West Technology world owes a lot more to the Greeks.
After our tour in the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology we have the chance to visit one of the most “tasteful” local spots with greek organic products. Later on we enjoy an abundant brunch in a beautiful area in Kolonaki otherwise we can choose a food-tasting experience of delicious handmade pies and learn all the little secrets for the perfect recipe! Meanwhile don’t miss all the interesting stories, myths and legends that our new friend narrate.
The museum of Cycladic Art is our last stop. The museum hosts one of the most important (and complete) collections of Cycladic antiquities worldwide.
Enjoy an interesting tour around the four floors together with our museologist-archaeologist and admire the exhibits dated from the 3rd century B.C.
We have the chance to observe this permanent collection of 3.000 exhibits of Cycladic, Ancient Greek and Ancient Cyprian Art; a proof that these civilizations prospered in Aegean and East Mediterranean since the 4th millennium BC until the 6th century a.C. Gods and heroes, myths, religious ritual, moments of the ordinary and private life even death are reflected with mastery in various kinds of materials. Discover all the priceless information about ancient greek societies and their organization. Find out how the various forms of arts and symbols were “born”.
After this fascinating trip to Ancient Greece we return to the city center, at Sygtagma Square.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :ΣΥΝΤΑΓΜΑ, Athens 105 57, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.