A Virtual Tour of Prague's Jewish Quarter and the Heros of WWII
We will take you though the Jewish Quarter giving a bit of history of the area. Our discussion will turn to the Nazi occupation and it's consequences to the country as a whole. We will then turn our attention to some of the heroes that fought in big and little ways to survive the war.
per adult from
What's included :
- This is a live-streamed virtual tour with a guide walking the streets at the time of your booking.
What's excluded :
- Gratuities and Tips
- Entry/Admission - Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague
- Entry/Admission - Pinkas Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Rudolfinum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Prague Jewish Quarter, U Staré školy, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
We will walk through the area that, for centuries, was the only area the Jewish population were allowed to live.
In this area we will see such things as the "Stumbling Stones" dedicated to those murdered by the Nazis. We will also learn about situation in WWII for not only Jews but all Czechs during the occupation.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Josefov, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
This is Prague's name for the Jewish Quarter. Emperor Joseph granted the Jews more right and freedoms in the mid 1800s paving the way for them to eventually be allowed to move out of the Jewish Quarter.
Stop At: Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague, Vezenska 141/1, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
The youngest of the synagogue in the Jewish Quarter. It's unusual architecture and picturesque interior make it one of the most beautiful in the world. Please note we cannot go inside the synagogue but will show the exterior and photos.
Duration: 3 minutes
Pass By: Klausen Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague, U Stareho Hrbitova, 243/3A Stare Mesto, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
Adjacent the Old Jewish Cemetery, Klausen synagogue was originally built in the late 1500s. Today it is used as a museum of history for the Jewish Quarter.
Originally built by Mordecai Meisel who was the mayor of the Jewish Quarter and also the builder of the Meisel Synagogue, he also helped improve the living situation in the Quarter with such things as new roads.
Stop At: Pinkas Synagogue, 3, Široká 23, Josefov, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
We will pass by, stopping to view the synagogue dedicated to the 78,000 Czech Jews murdered during the holocaust.
Please note we cannot go inside the synagogue but will show the exterior and photos.
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: Rudolfinum, Alšovo nábř. 12, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
The legendary concert hall dedicated to Dvorak. It was also one of the locations that Reinhard Heydrich stayed when he was in Prague. This building was also the backdrop for a famous Czech book. Please note we cannot go inside the the location but will show the exterior and tell it's history..
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Petrin, Olympijska 3 6 Olympijska 3, Prague Czech Republic
The Eiffel Tower copy stands overlooking Prague. It was built two years after the original tour. It is a 5th the size yet, standing on the hill, it is a few meters above sea level higher than the top of the one in Paris.
You are able to view the city from the top of the tower but taking a little elevator or climbing the 300 steps to the top.
Pass By: Old Town Bridge Tower, Karluv Most, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
This imposing structure is the gateway from Old Town to the Charles Bridge.
An interesting design of the tower is, if you stand in the arch on the summer solstice you will see sun set right behind the tower of St Vitus Cathedral. An amazing once a year event that shows the incredible workmanship at the time.
Pass By: Charles Bridge, Karluv Most, Prague 11000 Czech Republic
Over 600 years old the historic bridge is the centerpiece of this city. Connecting the two sides of the river, this bridge was one reason Prague would be a trade city for centuries. Often river crossings could only be done at a bridge insuring traffic to the city.
From here you can see the beauty of the city on both sides of the river all topped off by the majestic Prague Castle.
Pass By: Prague Castle, Hradcany, Prague 11908 Czech Republic
Since the 900s this has been the seat of power in the Czech lands. Considered the largest castle structure in the world it is used today as the seat of the President of the country as well as a tourist attraction .
Departure Point :Spanish Synagogue, Vězeňská 1, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is a Virtual Tour. You will be comfortable at home while a guide walks with camera live through Prague's Jewish Quarter.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.