A Visit to The Rare Indian Wild Donkey - A Jeep Safari
The Sanctuary in the state of Gujarat is home to the last remaining population of the chestnut-colored Indian Wild Donkey (khur). The sanctuary is also the home of 32 mammal species and is an important breeding site for birds. Unlike most of the wildlife sanctuaries in India, this reserve is a desert with parched grasslands that feed at least 2100 animals. It will be a unique experience for wildlife lovers, who will enjoy a jeep safari through this Sanctuary.
• Rare Indian Wild Donkey
• Other local species of mammals and birds
• Kutch Tribal Villages
• Chance to see how salt is prepared out of saline sea water
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle.
- English speaking professional guide
- 2 Bottles mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Little Rann of Kutch
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Little Rann of Kutch, Thar Desert, Kutch India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Ahmedabad by 6 AM and drive about 3 hours to the Little Rann of Kutch. Your morning jeep safari will begin at 9:30 AM.
This region offers exquisite carvings, intricate art, the great Wild Donkey, and different migratory birds.
Resembling a stallion, it is elegant in gait and gallop, but elusive and endangered. During the early ’60s and ’70s it was on the brink of extinction, but has since rebounded, and the head count currently stands at 4,000.
On your jeep safari you may see other mammals. This area is also a paradise for bird watchers.
On your return from the safari, you will have the chance to see how salt is prepared out of saline sea water. On the peripherals of the Rann, there are ample salt panes, where salt manufacturers, locally known as ‘Agarias’ withstand great difficulties of living and preparing salt. This entire area is a major producer of salt in India.
You will be driven back to your hotel in Ahmedabad.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.