A Walk in the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo
Don't miss the opportunity to immerse yourself in the life that Popes lived for about 400 years! Overlooking the sapphire blue and emerald green waters of Lake Albano, this stunning complex is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Rome.
Appointment at Castel Gandolfo for a walking tour of the "green heart" of the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo. Visitors will be accompanied by a member of the Vatican staff. Enjoy the walk through the botanical and architectural wonders of the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo.
Just recently Pope Francis opened a huge portion of these premises to the public. So you can spend some time admiring the lush tree-lined gardens and, of course, viewing the remains of Emperor Domitian’s residence.
You can upgrade your walk in the Pontifical Villas with:
The visit of the Papal Apartment, five hundred years of Popes' history, along a rich exhibition itinerary!
Pic Nic in the Papal Gardens: enjoy a lunch in the garden picnic area!
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance to the Papal Gardens
- Hosted Entry
- Papal Apartment (if option selected)
- Pic Nic in the Papal Gardens (if option selected)
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Transportation to Castel Gandolfo
- Visit: Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Walk through the botanical and architectural wonders of the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, visitors will be accompanied by a member of the Vatican staff. Enjoy a lunch in the garden picnic area, you'll have a porchetta or vegetarian sandwich to enjoy, bottled water, a wine or beer and typical wine biscuits.
Duration: 2 hours
Visit: Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, Piazza della Libertà, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy
Combine your walk in the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, accompanied by a member of the Vatican staff with Popes' Summer Residence entrance with audioguide. Visit the fantastic Papal Apartment with five hundred years of history of the Popes, along a rich exhibition itinerary! Wander around from the bedroom to the private chapel and from the library to the studio. Look at the balcony from where the Popes pronounced the Angelus every summer Sunday.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.