A walk through history culture and vibrant markets of Delhi
Fall in love with the history, culture, people & food of Delhi, in just three hours, as you walk through its enchanting streets and markets. Know the stories behind the historical monuments of Red Fort, Sis Ganj Gurudwara and Jama Masjid in this 3-hour walking tour starting at 09:00 am. Feast on different kinds of Indian flatbreads as you bite your way through Paranthe Wali Gali. Walk through the bustling Kinari Bazaar, a wholesale market that caters to everything you might need for a wedding ceremony.
per adult from
What's included :
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history and street food of Delhi
- Food tastings
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
A visit to Delhi means delving into a history so deep, that it takes you centuries back to when the Mughal’s ruled almost the whole of North India. For many, this may seem like a history lesson, boring and unsatisfying, but here is an experience that takes you through not only the history of the monuments but also the flavours, spices and crowds that define the capital city.
This is a three hour walk with an enthusiastic guide who will take you on a tour of Delhi’s heart, the streets of Chandi Chowk. Starting at the Red Fort gate, walk through the magnificent red sandstone structure that has stood tall since the 19th century.
Directly across this monument lies the oldest and best-known Jain temple of Delhi- Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir. Visit the Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib next, one of the nine historical gurudwaras in Delhi. As you walk, admire the religious harmony amongst these monuments and their exquisite architecture that makes them the architectural wonders that they still are, centuries after their inception.
Now, it's time to explore the bustling markets of Delhi. Going through the Kinari Bazaar and the gold market, explore the sights and sounds of these bazaar’s where the traders ply their trade. While your hunger for knowledge will be satisfied by the insightful guide, this trail also has the perfect recipe for a happy stomach. Try the different varieties of parathas or Indian flatbreads, as you bite your way through Paranthe Wali Gali.
Further along, you will visit the Mirza Ghalib Haveli- the residence of the famous Urdu poet Mirza Ghalib and the historical Jama Masjid. As this trail comes to an end, capture the unique essence of Delhi’s markets and monuments one last time, before you get ready to leave.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Red Fort Gate, Delhi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to the original departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please report to the meeting point on time and respect the host's punctuality
- The participants are requested to wear walking shoes without heels
- Preferably do not carry food items with you since you have to lug it around, leads to littering and is also a great incentive for monkeys
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.