A Walk Through Time in Bar Harbor - Celebrating 200+ Years!
This 2 hour walking tour will begin in front of the Abbe Museum on Mount Desert Street. Your local, experienced guide will share highlights and secrets from the Gilded Age, stories of rum running, and tales of the town folk who influenced the development of Bar Harbor as you wend your way throughout the village. You'll stroll along the Shore Path, walk through the burial ground and visit the civil war monument. The tour will end in front of LaRochelle Mansion where the Bar Harbor Historical Society resides.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided history tour of Bar Harbor
- Snacks - You'll end the tour with a sweet treat!
What's excluded :
- The gratuity to your tour guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bar Harbor, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, Maine
Your guide will take you on a tour through Bar Harbor while sharing the history of this unique coastal town.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Abbe Museum, 26 Mount Desert St, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609-1782
You'll begin the tour at this location.
Stop At: Shore Path, begins at the Town Pier, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME
You'll meander along the Shore Path as you move to your next historical location.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Saviour's Church :, 41 Mount Desert St, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609-1753
Your guide will point out the Tiffany stained glass windows and share the stories of this beautiful old church.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Bar Harbor Historical Society Museum, 33 Ledgelawn Ave, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609-1303
You'll end at La Rochelle Mansion, the home of the Bar Harbor Historical Society.
Departure Point :Abbe Museum, 26 Mt Desert St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Bar Harbor Historical Society, 127 West St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Out of state travelers must quarantine for 14 days prior to taking our tour OR conduct a COVID-19 test in your own state within 72 hours of arrival to Maine and carry proof of your results to show upon check in.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.