Abalone farm tour and tasting with coastal seaweed walk. Guided. 2 hours
Enjoy a tour of this modern aquaculture farm and a tasting of fresh seafood dishes that makes use of the seafood grown on the farm as well as fresh local ingredients.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided coastal shore foraging walk
- Guided abalone farm tour
- Dishes prepared with seafood grown on the farm including seaweed salads, sashimi and cooked abalone.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Please note: Own transport required to tour meet/start point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mungo Murphy's Seaweed Co., Keeraunnagark South Ireland
Explore the wild and rugged Atlantic coastline in Connemara, County Galway during a unique guided tour focused on seaweed and aquaculture. Set out on a coastal shore walk and foraging tour to learn about and taste edible sea weeds and sea herbs. Visit the abalone farm, learning about sustainable aquaculture farming and see the different sea creatures grown in tanks. Visitors also get an opportunity to tray the sea urchin roe when in season and to shuck their own abalone. After this taste several dishes freshly prepared with seafood grown on the farm which include delicious seaweed salads, sashimi abalone and cooked abalone,followed by tea or coffee and home-made seaweed cookies. Visitors are welcome to bring their own bottle of wine to accompany the food, should they want.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mungo Murphy's Seaweed Co., Keeraunagurk South, Ballintleva, Baile na, Co. Galway, H91 X938, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.