Aboriginal Cultural Daintree Rainforest Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
Experience the Daintree Rainforest and Australia's rich Aboriginal culture on this full-day tour from Cairns or Port Douglas. Learn about traditional hunting and gathering techniques on Cooya Beach with an indigenous guide, then visit the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest. Gain insight into Australia's indigenous heritage and marvel at the natural beauty of the Rainforest at Mossman Gorge, with two options for the afternoon: Guided walk through the World Heritage rainforest; or upgrade to the Ngadiku Walk with an Aboriginal guide who shares Dreamtime stories and deep knowledge of the land. Throughout the day, enjoy a hands-on experience on this small-group tour limited to 16 participants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel by air-conditioned coach
- Local knowledgeable guide
- Two-hour coastal and cultural walk
- Mossman Gorge Rainforest
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Kuku yalanji cultural heritage beach walk
What's excluded :
- NO pickup from Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park, Queensland 4873 Australia
Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Mayi Cafe at Mossman Gorge. Experience a traditional Aboriginal Welcome to Country smoking ceremony. Book either: guided rainforest walk in Mossman Gorge rainforest with your driver guide, OR Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk in Mossman Gorge with an experienced Aboriginal guide. Select your choice upon booking.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuku yalanji cultural heritage beach walk, Bougainvillea St, Cooya Beach, Queensland Australia
2 hour coastal and cultural walk. The traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people has three diverse ecosystems: beach, mangrove and coastal reef. A member of the Kubirri Warra clan will introduce you to their traditional fishing and gathering techniques. Any catch of crabs, mussels and fish is cooked up to share with homemade damper on the shore of Cooya Beach.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note, pick up from a selection of hotels in Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas isavailable - contact the operator after booking to confirm your closest pickup location. Pickups NOT available from Yorkeys Knob, Machans Beach and Holloway's Beach.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Minimum 4, Maximum 16 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No refund will be given if the itinerary is altered due to weather conditions
- Please bring sun protection, insect repellant and a bottle of water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.