Aburi Botanical Gardens and Shai Hills Tour
Visit the serene Aburi Botanical Gardens. Located in the Eastern Region of Ghana- about a 45 minute drive from Accra. Take a tour with a seasoned guide to discover some of the most diverse and rare plant species found in the West African Region. The rich green flora of the gardens offer a beautiful backdrop for fun activities like biking, barbecuing or even taking a relaxing stroll. The Aburi Botanical Gardens are an ideal attraction to enjoy with family and friends. In addition, visit the Shai Hills Nature Reserve and explore lush green rolling hills with unique plant and wildlife such as the famously boisterous Olive baboons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Enjoy the scenic drive up to Aburi Botanical Gardens one of Ghana's finest nature parks.
• 9:00 am Depart Accra Hotel/ Residence in an air conditioned car provided by the tour
• 10:00 am arrive at Aburi Botanical Gardens. The Gardens, a true eco- paradise was created in 1890AD for public use as well as scientific research. Explore this unique habitat for plants and butterflies from all over the world and stop by the local Woodcarvers’ Village to try your hands at woodcarving. Tour of gardens end at 11:45 am.
• Have free time to explore, relax in the garden or have self provided lunch between 12:00 am and 1:00 pm. Depart for Shai Hills at 1:00pm
Visit the lovely Shai Hills Reserve the home of Ghana's famous friendly baboons.
• 1:30 pm Arrival at Shai Hills Reserves. Shai Hills Reserves combines nature conservation, rich cultural and archaeological sites with splendid scenic beauty. Trek through the Savannah plains to view West Africa’s big game: antelopes, bushbucks, baboons, monkeys, and many bird species including the crested eagle, ground hornbill, blank bellied bustard and more. Visit the Obonu Tem & Se Yo Caves which serve as home to many animals, notably insectivorous bats. Learn about the various artifacts that have been found on this very site (homeland to the Krobo people). Depart Shai Hills Reserve at 2:30PMRoad transportation in air conditioned vehicle
• A trained driver/ tour guide to escort the group for duration of tour
Departure Point :Centrally Located hotels in Accra
Departure Time :9:00 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.