Accademia Gallery and Medici Chapels
See the most important works of Michelangelo in Florence in one tour: Accademia Gallery and Medici Chapels. At the Accademia you will find his world-famous original David, the must-see for all admirers of Michelangelo. At the Medici Chapels you will see the New Sacristy with the figures of Day and Night, Dawn and Dusk and young Medici dukes.
Tour might start at Accademia Gallery or Medici Chapels, depending on the ticket availability. Ticket prices are not included and should be booked in advance, either by the travellers or by me. If you book with me, please allow ample booking time in busy periods.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Entry/Admission - Cappelle Medicee
- Entry/Admission - Museo degli Strumenti Musicali
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
The Accademia Gallery is the most important stop for all those who wish to admire Michelangelo's original David. This is only one of his masterpieces on display, others including the Palestrina Pietà, Saint Matthew and the four unfinished Prisoners.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Cappelle Medicee, Piazza di Madonna Degli Aldobrandini 6, 50123, Florence Italy
After the Accademia we take a short walk to the Medici Chapels. There are two chapels: Michelangelo's Old Sacristy, where there are some of the master's most famous sculptures; and the Princes' Chapel (La Cappella dei Principi), the largest construction in the world entirely decorated with semiprecious stones, using the typical Florentine technique of the commesso fiorentino, creating "paintings" in stone.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo degli Strumenti Musicali, Via Ricasoli 58-60 Galleria dell'Accademia, 50122, Florence Italy
You will see a series of curious and ancient musical instruments, including members of the Medici string quintet, commissioned from Antonio Stradivari as a gift for Grand Prince Ferdinand.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: Accademia Gallery, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
2: Cappelle Medicee, Piazza di Madonna degli Aldobrandini, 6, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please consider that pickup times vary depending on the distance between your hotel and the museum and could vary from 10 to 40 minutes. Please contact me so we can agree a pickup time.I will meet you at the hotel lobby.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/5/2017 - 12/23/2021
Wednesday: 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM Thursday: 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM Friday: 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 10:30 AM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Return Detail :1: Cappelle Medicee, Piazza di Madonna degli Aldobrandini, 6, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
2: Accademia Gallery, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer and temperature control is provided at the entrance of Florentine museums and churches by the relevant authorities. In case of high temperature the traveller will be refused entrance. Whisperers are mandatory, and will be charged extra.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.