Accademia Gallery Guided Tour
Accademia Gallery of Florence was once part of the academy of the fine arts. It was founded in 1784 by the grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo whom collected a great amount original and replicated art works. The original gallery was hosting two enormous gypsum models of giambologna's famous Rape of Sabines statue. The gallery was enriched with Gothic and renaissance paintings from churches and convents that Pietro Leopoldo abolished.
Accademia gallery was chosen to be the new home of Michelangelo’s David due to the fact that the Accademia happen to be located in the same square where the young Michelangelo studied sculpting as a child. In 1873 the town of Florence relocated David which was no longer safe in its original location of Signoria Square.
Our expert guide will bring each master piece come back to life with inside stories of one of the world’s greatest artist.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the Line tickets
- Fresh water
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
Known as Italy's second most popular museum and the home of the original Michelangelo's David, Academy of Fine Arts of Florence was founded in the last XVIII century and still receives art students from all around the world today. Accademia stores masterpieces of great artist such as Giambologna, Ghirlandaio, and Michelangelo. Our expert English speaking guide will bring each masterpiece to come back to life with stories of one of the world’s greatest artist.
Departure Point :Via Ricasoli, 109r, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.