Accommodations and Build A Wooden Heirloom Toy
You will make an heirloom toy to keep or gift that has been used, cherished and enjoyed for decades.
per adult from
2 days 5 hours
What's included :
- Wood, safety equipment, power cutters, drills and sanders
What's excluded :
Guests booking our vacation rental here on our 30 acre, woodsy, peaceful, very private, energy charing property AND this activity, can expect to read plans, prepare wood parts, use power and hand tools, glue/assemble choice of vehicles (Model T, Paddlewheel boat, Biplane or Steam Locomotive) to take home.
The first morning will begin with 2-3 hours in the shop cutting, shaping and gluing parts for your chosen toy. Lunchtime will be free for guests to explore our property or discover the historical Nevada County countryside. Ideas to do while waiting for the glue to dry are:
- hike on established trails through the woods here or in the surrounding area
- walk down to the year-round creek on our property
- pick vegetables from our large garden for a luncheon salad
- soak in our hot tub overlooking the canyon and creek
- simply relax in hammocks or patio furniture at the creek or on the deck
The afternoon would be another hour in the shop and then call it a day.
The next day would require a few hours to finish the assembly and take your creations home.
Departure Point :Penn Valley, CA 95946, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.