Achanakmar Wildlife & Amarkantak Tour
Categorised as a tropical deciduous forest, Achanakmar Tiger Reserve is breathtakingly beautiful with the most varied flora and fauna. This tiger reserve is a part of the huge Achanakmar-Amarkantak Biosphere Reserve, and hence, it is home to more than 600 species of different medicinal plants apart from the Leopards, deer species and Indian Bison etc. The scenic Maniyari River flows right from the centre of this reserve which is the forests lifeline.
NOTE: All tiger reserves remain closed during June till September every year
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Overnight stay at the budget hotel with all basic western amenities
- 01 Safari on sharing basis into the woods accompanied by wildlife expert
- Entry/Admission - Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Temples of Kalachuri
What's excluded :
- meals, personal expenses, any guide for temple visits
Day 1: Raipur to Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary
Stop At: Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary, Pendra Road, Bilaspur India
Morning we pickup from your hotel in Raipur and get driven to achanakmar Tiger Reserve. After an drive of Approx 4 hours, arrive "Achanakmar" jungle and board your shared Safari vehicle for an exciting Jungle safari. Categorised as a tropical deciduous forest, Achanakmar Tiger Reserve is breathtakingly beautiful with the most varied flora and fauna. Apart from Bengal tigers and leopards, the forest is also home to bison, Indian giant squirrels, chinkara, and black buck, many different species of monkeys, hyena, chital, sambar deer, wild dogs, flying squirrels and more than 150 species of birds.
This tiger reserve is a part of the huge Achanakmar-Amarkantak Biosphere Reserve, and hence, it is home to more than 600 species of different medicinal plants. The scenic Maniyari River flows right from the centre of this reserve which is the forests lifeline.
Overnight stay in the nearby Amarkantak region.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in budget hotel with all basic western amenities
Day 2: Achanakmar/Amarkantak/Raipur return driver
Stop At: Ancient Temples of Kalachuri, Amarkantak India
Morning explore the scenic and historic temple town of Amarkantak "Trimukhi Temple" is located atop a hill in Amarkantak. One of the most popular temples of the region, the Trimukhi temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
This temple is one of the oldest temple among the 24 temples found in Amarkantak. Also known as 'Karna Mandir', after the Chhedi King Karnadeb Mahachandra, who built it. The top of Trimukhi Temple is adorned with the face of Shiva. In fact the temple is a remarkable sight with the three-faced top attracting your attention at the first glance itself.
The Machendranathh and the Pataleshwar temples are some of the other temples that are examples of the kalchuri art and expert artisanship.
Finally the tour ends after a drop is provided you back at the Raipur hotel/airport
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.