Acropolis and Acropolis Museum (Small Group Afternoon Walking Tour)
This tour will reveal you in a fascinating way the achievements of the Ancient Athenians thanks to our highly qualified guides. The tour is conducted late in the afternoon when both the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum are much less busy than in the morning. Moreover, the tour is concluded at the top of the Acropolis in the evening, when it is cooler and the sun has already started setting. Finally, our groups are really small, as their maximum capacity can be only 15 persons.
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Skip the Line Service
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees. 20 euros for the Acropolis, 10 euros for the Acropolis Museum
- Pick-up and Drop-off Service
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Meet your expert guide and together walk to the Acropolis Museum. Before entering the museum, you will have a look at the remains of an ancient neighborhood of Athens that lie underneath. In the museum first you will see the models of the Acropolis and ancient Athens and then important finds from the slopes of the Acropolis. Proceed to the first floor to stand in awe before the sculptures of the first Parthenon, built in the 6th century B.C. Observe the traces of colors that still can be discerned on them. Next, admire the archaic statues that once upon a time decorated the top of the Acropolis. Among them the famous “calfbearer” and the “child of Kritias”. The renowned maidens of the Acropolis (the Caryatids), which decorated the Erectheion, will introduce you to the golden age of the Greek sculpture (5th century B.C). Lastly, your guide will take you to the third floor, the Parthenon’s Gallery. There, he will explain to you the main concept and the arrangement of the third floor, he will tell you all the myths related to what you see and of course you will admire the excellence and unique beauty of the Parthenon sculptures.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
After your visit to the Acropolis Museum walk with your guide the south slope of the Acropolis, where lies one of the oldest theaters in Greece, the Dionysos Theater. A few meters farther the Sanctuary of Asclepios, god of medicine, is located. Before you reach the top, admire the delicate Temple of Athena Nike, learn about the once imposing funeral monument of Philopappus, have a magnificent view of the Odeon of Herodes, where concerts are still held, and do not miss Mars Hill, on which St Paul spoke of the ‘unknown God’. Then, pass the monumental gate of the Acropolis, the Propylaea, and finally get to the top, where you will marvel at the greatness of the Parthenon and the fineness of the Erectheion. Take your time for pictures and walking around.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Guides and travelers are required to wear face masks in archaeological sites and museums. Use of wireless guide system when the number of travelers is over 5.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.