Activity - Pearl Snorkeling
Collecting oysters in search of finding a precious pearl, is an excitement that divers feel and cherish, especially after a hard day’s work. Collecting and cracking oysters open requires strength, patience, good eye sight and of course time in order to find that beautiful round plump pearl. The feeling of catching and finding a pearl is indescribable, making you feel proud to have achieved a task that was and still is a heritage brought up by our ancestors and is a pride to our Kingdom, Bahrain.
Now, we offer you the opportunity to hunt for pearls right here in the amazing waters of Bahrain.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
At 09.00hrs guest will be transferred pearl snorkeling. Bahrain has been famous for its pearls and, before the discovery of oil, pearl snorkeling was the main source of income and the foundation for many of the communities on the island. communities on the island. The diving season would last just over four months, from June until early September. Divers would be let down on a weighted rope, remain submerged for about one minute, collecting an average of eight to twelve oysters, and would then be drawn up by the puller (a well-muscled man who would remain on deck). After ten dives, the men would come aboard and rest, drinking coffee and warming themselves whilst another relay of divers took their place. Divers were not paid wages, but instead received a share of the profits received from the sale of the pearls. Unfortunately, as the market was flooded in the 1940s with cultured pearls from Japan ,the prices dropped, and by the middle of the decade young men could earn more money in less hazardous occupations on shore. However, the tradition lives on, and about once a year the dhows will set sail to the pearling banks in search of the 'jewels of the deep’
13.00Hrs Back to hotel.
Departure Point :Manama, Bahrain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.