Addis Ababa Guided Walking Day Tour
Addis Ababa is the vibrant diplomatic capital of Africa. Founded in 1886 by Emperor Menelik II and his wife Empress Taitu, it is today a political and business capital home to the headquarters of the Africa Union and to one of the largest number of diplomatic missions in the world.
Situated in the highlands-at 2300m- with a year round balmy climate, Addis is a cosmopolitan mix of East and West where you will find interesting churches, monuments and museums alongside stylish new cafes, international hotels and restaurants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Start your tour early in the morning where your guide will meet you up at your hotel or at Mesqel Square in order to start the sight seeing tour. You will first head to the Selassie (Holy Trinity) Cathedral- Emperor Haile Selassie I built it in 1941 after the restoration of independence from the Fascist Italian occupation. Many beautiful paintings, morals and stained-glass windows decorated the interior. Then after keep walking to the National Museum of Ethiopia where Lucy-a 3.5 million years old hominid is found. Lunch at the Lucy Restaurant in Museum compound.
At around 1pm continue your walking tour to the Ethnography Museum that displays a wide array of artifacts and daily objects relating to most ethnic groups in Ethiopia, not only the monotheistic highlanders, but also the fascinating animist cultural groups of South Omo and Afar people of the eastern desserts. After exploring the museum, you will head down to Minilik II square so as to visit the equestrian monument of Emperor Minilik II who led the Ethiopian patriots and defeated the Itailian colonizers at the battle of Adowa in 1886. You will see many more monuments along our ways to the various museums in the city. To name some Victory Monument, Menelik II Monument, Lion of Judah Monument, Marty's Monument, Abune Petros Mounument and the dazzling streets of Addis Ababa.
Finally, you will explore the dazzling market called Merakto with its unique features and then you will be invited a complementary Ethiopian coffee at Tomoka where the tour will end at 5pm.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Addis Ababa
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.