Adelaide City and Parklands Bike Tour - Half Day
Adelaide is voted one of the world’s most liveable cities and this easy and relaxed bike tour lets you see why! Take in the culture and the vibrancy of Adelaide as you cycle along the safe city streets, precincts and parklands. Discover little known treasures, street art, quirky cafés, the local’s favourites and much more.
Zig zag through city streets and laneways, along the cultural boulevard North Terrace, the café strip on Rundle, the vibrant riverbank precinct (home to the Adelaide Oval) and enjoy a well-deserved morning tea break at the quirky Red House Café.
Encircled by a green belt of parklands and interlinked by trails, a bike is the perfect way to experience Adelaide’s serene nature and leisure parks. Favourites include the Himeji Japanese Gardens, Rymill Park and the biodiverse wetlands area of Bonython Park.
Expertly guided using quality bikes and helmets, this small group tour is run at a relaxed pace suitable for all levels of riding ability.
per adult from
What's included :
- Central departure location
- Experienced guide
- Quality bikes and helmets
- Small-group tour (maximum 10)
- Coffee and/or Tea - includes tea, coffe or juice along with a slice of cake
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Cycle at a relaxing pace on comfortable bikes and see parts of Adelaide that you would not ordinarily experience. This fun and engaging outdoor tour provides an active and alternative way to see the best of the City. It is also a great way to explore some of Adelaide’s best must dos with plenty of picture stops and surprises to be found.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Adelaide, Adelaide, Greater Adelaide, South Australia
Throughout the city is an incredible blend of old and new architecture, with quaint churches and historic buildings mixed with the best of new architectural design. Along Adelaide’s cultural boulevard North Terrace find among others, the beautiful landmark buildings that are home to Adelaide University campuses, the South Australian Museum, Art Gallery, and State Library of South Australia.
Separating the city from North Adelaide and running along the river is the bustling Riverbank Precinct. Its wide green banks, trails, cafes and public spaces provide a fantastic location for leisure activities including picnics, running, cycling and special events. Along the banks see historic rowing sheds, the impressive Adelaide Convention Centre, the Adelaide Festival Centre and the $40 million landmark riverbank footbridge that links to the world-famous Adelaide Oval.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Adelaide Park Lands, 5006, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the river, parks and wetlands as you ride deeper into the corners of the city past the Torrens Weir, under the railway and onto the Bonython Park wetlands. Following the trail to the edge of the northern parklands we take at stop for some revitalising morning tea at the quirky Red House café, which has taken over the old railway station at North Adelaide.
Purposely designed by Colonel William Light’s vision for the city development and layout, the parklands provide a unique and incredibly important feature of Adelaide’s culture. Adding to the vibrancy of the city they are used for recreation, community sports, music concerts and large scale events such as the Adelaide Fringe. Following the trails to the most beautiful and significant areas the tour will criss-cross the south, east and northern parklands.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking (minimum 148cm)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age of 12
- Tour follows designated bike lanes, paths and trails suitable for all levels of riding ability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.